28 | Jacob Sartorius

Y/n's P.O.V.

I heard ringing coming from my phone. It was Jacob's mom, Patty. I quickly answered the phone to see what she needed.

Y/n - hello, Mrs. Sartorius.

Patty - hello, it's about Jacob.

Y/n - what happened?

Patty - i need to tell you in person. be here soon, please.

Y/n - im on my way.

I ended the call, and threw a hoodie over my tank top. I rushed over to his house, worried as to why his mother had to call me. I rung the doorbell and waited for Mrs. Sartorius to answer.

"Hello, honey," she cleaned the tears off her face. "Please, come in."

I stepped into the house, and followed her up the stairs and into Jacob's room. Patty sat on the edge of his bed as I did the same.

"You're probably wondering why you're here, and why Jacob isn't here," she slightly laughed. I nodded. "Well, Jacob, h-he committed suicide."

I froze in the position I was in. Then, I remembered the fight we had a couple of days ago. He ran out of the house, and with all of my texts and calls, he never answered one.

She reached over to Jacob's table, where his computer sat, and handed me an envelope. I grabbed it, and read the front: to y/n.

I scanned over the paper as I read every word carefully:

To, y/n,
i just wanted you to know how much i love you and that you mean the world to me. i know what i did was horrible, but what you said killed me inside. now that im gone, i want you to stay strong and happy for me. hopefully, you find someone better than me and that will treat you better. i will always watch you from above, babe.
lots of love,
                                                 jacob

I instantly felt guilt and sadness shoot throughout my entire body. I'm the reason that Jacob killed himself.

I put the note in my pocket, and said my goodbyes to Patty and Rolf before running back to my house.

I fell back into my bed, suddenly remembering the last words that I had said to him:

i hate you, jacob! i wish I never met you!

•••

A/n - next one might be a dirty requested?