Chapter 23 His Point Of View

Comincia dall'inizio

“Cate.” I called her. She was ready to walk away. I hope she didn’t hear my discussion with Seth. She turned slowly on her heel to face me. She kept her focus on the floor, not even looking at me. I lifted her chin up. She closed her eyes, slightly wincing.

I studied her face for a moment. She looks scared or apprehensive. I don’t know. Why would she be scared? She slightly opened one eye to take a peek. She looks like a cute little one eyed bunny. I wanted to smile but she looks so serious. “Go ahead. Say it.” She said.

“What do you want me to say?” Was she expecting me to whip her ass because of Felix? Did she really think I am that ill-tempered to lash out at her? I don’t want her to be scared of me like this. I will not do anything to hurt her.

“Aren’t you mad at me for not clearing my issues with Felix?” She asked quietly, unable to look at me. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her forehead. “Dylan.”  She nudged me to say something.

“I don’t have anything to say. You were as surprised as me.” I lifted up her chin again so I could look into her eyes. “Were you quiet the whole time because you thought I was mad at you?”  She nodded, biting her lip. “Oh, Cate.” I sighed. “I know I have a bad temper but I will never lose it with you.”

“You’re not mad?” She asked again, her big blue eyes are staring back at me. I shook my head, smiling. She tiptoed and kissed me on the lips. “I promise I will clear up this mess by tomorrow.”

“Kendall will be there tomorrow, right?” I asked, tracing her jawline with my finger. She is so breathtakingly beautiful.  She nodded. “Good. I am not comfortable letting you go out alone with him. I trust you but I hardly know the guy so…”

“You’re not coming with us tomorrow?” She asked, frowning. Yep, she looks adorable even when she frowns.

“That will be awkward. He still thinks he is your boyfriend. I couldn’t bear seeing you with him either. Just don’t let him kiss you, please.” I begged. I swear I am going to smash Mr. Pretty Boy Blonde’s face if he touches my girl.

“Of course, Cranky.” She said smiling and grabbed my collar to kiss me again. So, that was it. If I behave and keep my cool, I get rewarded with kisses. I tightened my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. I felt her arms wrap around my neck. Her body fits mine perfectly and she gets me every time. I get turned on just by holding her and kissing her like this. I wonder if I could handle it if I have her beneath me, naked and inviting. Crap, I shouldn’t be thinking about this now.

I want to wait until she is 18 but oh my god, she gets me hot and bothered all the time. I was unable to control myself back in my apartment. I already had my hands all over her, ready to make love to her whether she likes it or not. She has parted her legs and moved her hips for me. She wanted me too!  It was a good thing (for once) that Chuck came in with his girls to disturb us. I would not have been able to stop myself otherwise.

I didn’t know how long we have been kissing. “Ehrm. The best friends are in the house. Do we really have to witness this?” Seth announced, crossing his arms to his chest. Kendall is grinning beside him, looking so thrilled.

We pulled away from each other. Well, I didn’t want to but we had to. “I am glad you two are not fighting.” Kendall said, looking relieved. “I promise I will explain everything to him tomorrow.” She continued.

“I will explain it to him, Ken. We need to talk anyway. I need your support.” Cate said. That’s my girl. I am so proud of her. She is mature enough to face Felix and thresh out their issues.

“Of course, Barbie. I will be there to help you tomorrow.” Kendall said happily, throwing her arms to hug Cate. I really hope Felix would take the news easily. I can’t deal with another suicidal ex right now. One crazy woman is enough.