Chapter 4

Elizabeth

I told Natalia I'd meet her inside. I still had to mentally prepare myself. I've never been to a party before, and I didn't know what to expect. Actually, what I knew what to expect was alcohol and drunk guys hitting on girls. And that scared the shit out of me. I took some deep breaths before wiping my clammy palms. I was about to head inside when I heard someone call out my name. I turn around to see who it is. Of course. I stand still as he jogs over to me. He's wearing a simple blue tee shirt and tight black jeans. With me being a few inches taller, he's less intimidating, but still gorgeous.

"Hey Elizabeth." He smiles showing off his amazing smile.

"Hi Tristan." I watch him scan my body, resting on my legs, mid-drift and chest. I suck in a deep breath.

"You look gorgeous." Of course he compliments me when I'm dressed like this and my face is made up.

"Yeah, it's a wonder what makeup and some revealing clothing can do to you." He shifts uncomfortably.

"That's not how that was intended to come out. If it means anything, you always look beautiful. Even when you're in a tee shirt with no makeup" I let out a sigh. I already knew that, but he says all the right things to a girl. I couldn't be ruined by him, I couldn't let him in. But my mind was still reeling when he said that I look beautiful even when I go to school.

"I know you didn't, and I'm sorry. I'm just kinda stressed out. This usually isn't my thing." I gesture towards the house and myself.

"Why'd you come?"

"Natalia dragged me here, and I figured, what the hell?" He let out a breath laugh.

      "So you going in?"
      "Yeah."

       I started towards the entrance when he grabbed my wrist. "Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I meant it when I said you always look beautiful." I feel the heat rise in my cheeks. I give a small nod and weak smile before walking through the door.

     The atmosphere was intense to say the least. People covering every angle, the smell of alcohol and sweat makes me want to hurl. As I make my way through the house, I am disgusted by the amount of people grinding against me and who decide smacking my ass is a good idea.

"Hey beautiful, can I get you a drink?" I look up slightly to see who was talking to me. Great. Another one of Tristan's friends.

"Who are you?" I try and say it as coldly as possible.

"Tyler Logan, the host." I give him a once over. Not bad looking, but again, no. "So can I get you a drink?"

I shake my head. "I'm okay. I don't drink."

"Oh so the bad girl is suddenly good." He is grinning from ear to ear.

I glare, "I have my reasons." With that, I try to walk past him, but he grabs onto my arm, pulling me back.

"Hey I didn't mean to offend you. You're just so pretty that I couldn't help it."

I look up into his eyes, and say in mock sweetness, "Aw, I bet that's what you say to every girl you wanna fuck." I give him another icy look before retreating to the back of the room where I find Natalia, who by the way, is seriously wasted at this point.

"Elizabeth!" She's slurring her words.

I roll my eyes at her, "How many drinks have you had?"

She waved it off, "Not that many."

Rolling my eyes again I say, "I beg to differ. We should get going."