"You understand the floor she works on correct?"

"Correct sir."

"You understand occasionally she works with the king?"

"Yes."

"Would you accept the position of working beside her?"

"Of course sir."

"Good. She will mentor you, I will inform her. Pack your things from the lower quarters and follow Betty tomorrow."

"Yes sir!" And with that, Y/N skipped off.

_____________

The next morning Y/N met Betty upstairs, bags packed.

"Are you ready? Today we are working with the King."

Y/N's eyes widened. "Already?!"

"Well, you're just hopping into my schedule. Just in time may I add, I haven't seen the King in months. You know, I get payed $2.00 an hour when working on his floor?"

"No way." Her jaw dropped. "What is it like on regular shifts?"

"Only $1.15, but still great in comparison to your 50 cents."

"No this is amazing!" Y/N jumped. "Do we just wait or.."

"On days like these, the guards retrieve us."

"Oh right." She nodded.

A moment of silence occurred before Betty jumped up.

"Oh you're going to love King George's throne and crown. I'll describe every color to you it's a absolutely beautiful."

Y/N was put down slightly by the reminder she couldn't see color.

"Yeah." She mumbled.

"Follow." Their heads shot up at the sound of a guard speaking. They did as told, following the guard. He led them to Y/N's new quarters and then to where the King resided.

"He asked specifically just to have these two rooms cleaned. Understand?"

"Yes." They replied in unison.

The guard then left, leaving Y/N and Betty.

Betty led the way, they started with the royal dining room. Only used when the King had guests.

They wiped the tables and washed then dishes, dusted the antiques and polished the seats. (A/N: ha that rhymed.)

Then they moved on to the room next door, the throne room.

It basically had no purpose other than bragging rights for the King. Y/N couldn't see color, but she could still admire the giant throne that still seemed to gleam through her black and white vision.

Betty got to work on scrubbing the floors, Y/N polished the throne, carefully might I add.

It was silent, other than the sound of their hands scrubbing.

That was until suddenly the doors swung open. Y/N peaked over the throne in which she was washing.

There stood King George the third in all his glory. He had a grand red cape thrown over his red suit. His large golden crown gleamed with the turn of his head, and held a lot of jewels within it.

Of course Y/N couldn't see the color, but she couldn't deny the fact that despite his outfit, he was handsome.

Okay, maybe she did really like the outfit.

"Oh Betty my dear I didn't realized you were cleaning in here today." He said, British accent strong.

"Well, actually sir, I'm not alone. My friend Y/N was hired today." She said, holding her head high.

Y/N peaked her head out from behind the throne she was cleaning.

"Pleasure to meet you, your majesty." Y/N did a slight bow.

"Well hello darling. I didn't realize-"

Y/N didn't even realize King George had stopped speaking, for color submerged her vision.

Her eyes widened, and her breath was caught in her throat. The King's coat turned a blinding red, his throne being impossible to look away from.

The entire room was shiny, gold painted in various places.

Y/N looked back toward the King who held a similar expression to her's.

"Well my Queen, it seems you won't be serving in this castle any longer." He smiled.

Betty looked at them in realization and dropped the rags she was holding.

"Oh. My. God."

(A/N: iM WRITING THREE STORIES AT ONCE SOMEONE KILL ME. annnnddd part two??"