Chapter Sixty-Two - Life

I can't thank all of you enough.  You have been amazing readers and and fans.  We have one more chapter after this, so don't panic just yet.  Enjoy.

Thank you again to BarbaraK2U and Depecher.  I really have no words for all your help.  Thank you guys so so much.  

Tris' POV

10 years later

I wipe my hands on my apron and move a piece of hair out of my face, looking around the large kitchen to make sure that there isn't anything I'm forgetting. "Hey, Chris?!" I yell to the front of the shop. "Are you almost done?"

She peeks her head through the swinging door, giving me a small smile. "Yeah. I've been waiting on you," she says with a giggle. "I even made the delivery to the soup kitchen already. You're the slow one around here."

I put my hands on my hips. "Hey! You try lugging a six-months-pregnant belly around, with three kids all under seven at home, and see how quick you get around," I say irritably.

I know Chris is joking, but my emotions have been all over the place with this pregnancy. I get irritated at the slightest provocation, and cry at the drop of a hat. I really don't think I can do this again.

Chris steps through the door, her hands up in mock surrender, laughing. "Tris, I'm only joking with you. I know it's hard right now. I only have two at home, and I really don't think Will and I will have any more. At five and three years old, Michael and Grace give us enough trouble. I honestly don't know how you and Four do it," she says, putting her hand on her forehead.

I can't help but laugh at her outburst. Her gaze wanders back to me, and she shakes her head. "I really don't understand how you are handling the bakery, a house, three boys, and another kid on the way," she says, walking over to help grab the bags of rolls and pies for later tonight.

I rub my hand over my stomach, and feel a slight push into my hand. "We take it one day at a time, Chris. It's not easy, but we make it work. Besides, this will be the last one. I'm putting my foot down," I say with a chuckle. "I know Tobias wants a big family, but I don't think I can handle another pregnancy. Especially one like this."

I give her a smile, placing the last of my things in my bag and hoisting it onto my shoulder. "It also helps when you have amazing friends that you get to work with every day."

Chris rolls her eyes, waving her free hand at me. "Your flattery is falling on deaf ears, my friend. I am not watching your kids. I don't care how well-behaved they are. My two monsters are enough as it is."

I toss my head back in laughter, holding my protruding stomach. "That wasn't me asking for your help with the kids. That was me being sincere."

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, Tris. Will won't be able to control the kids for long. I half expect them to have him tied to a chair by the time I get home. For as intelligent as he is, our children outsmart him more times than I can count," she says with a laugh, walking toward the swinging door. "Besides, Four is going to send a search party out if we don't get you home soon."

I feel another little kick as we walk to the front of the store with our arms full. "You know, ever since his father went to federal prison, he doesn't mind being called Tobias." We walk out the door, and I shift my bags so I can place them on the ground to lock up the storefront.

I'm about to repeat myself since she doesn't respond, when she says suddenly, "I know, but ever since I met him at Lejeune, in my mind he will always be Four, the scary man that gave me nightmares for weeks," she states thoughtfully.