Chapter Forty-Nine - Reunion

Thank you to everyone reading, voting, commenting, and PMing me.  I really appreciate every one of you, and I'm so glad you've enjoyed the story so far.  Enjoy.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Depecher and BarbaraK2U for your continued hard work.  

Tris' POV

The sun has started to set by the time I make it back to base. My dress and shoes are currently at Shauna's house, where Christina stated she will be dragging me to get ready after the medal ceremony tomorrow. I didn't want to tell her that the fitting room was starting to make me nervous; I managed to keep myself together long enough to find the cream-colored, knee-length dress without completely breaking down in front of Christina.

Once we had dropped off the dress, Christina said she had to go find Will. When we reached her room, she nearly jumped out of the Jeep without another word. She said something about needing his help with a project, but I honestly didn't mind. I wanted to go be with Tobias. I really only feel at ease when I'm with him.

I park the Jeep in front of my old lodgings, sighing in relief when I see the light on in the window. The tension in my shoulders and back starts to ease. It's been a long day, and all I want to do is have dinner and sleep — with Tobias' arms around me — before tomorrow's ceremonies.

I get out quickly, running toward the front, and open the door to see Tobias sitting at the small table, a newspaper in his hands. He looks up at me, laying the paper down, and a smile crosses his face when he sees me. There is a sack of what smells like hamburgers sitting on the table, and my mouth waters at the smell. I close the door, and Rags comes trotting over, wagging his tail, and I quickly scratch his ears. My stomach growls with hunger and Tobias chuckles, pulling out two hamburgers from the bag.

"God, I missed hamburgers," I moan as I turn to lock the door. Tobias begins unwrapping his, and I walk over to grab my hamburger. I start walking toward the bed to sit down, pulling the wrapping down to take a bite, when Tobias quickly stands and grabs me around the waist, pulling me onto his lap. "Where do you think you're going?" he asks in a husky voice.

I can't help the laugh that escapes, and end up dropping my hamburger on the floor. Rags is quick to retrieve the burger, which only causes me to laugh harder, tears springing to my eyes when I feel Tobias' rumbling laughter against my back.

"I'm glad I got extra," he says, as I continue to laugh.

He pulls me tighter to him as we laugh together, and it feels so good; I feel lighter than I have felt in months. I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed like this with him.

When I'm finally able to catch my breath, I turn to look up into Tobias' dark blue eyes. I lean forward and press my lips to his. He pulls me flush to him, and I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss as I gently run my hands through his short hair.

He pulls away just enough to place his lips against my cheek and down my neck, making me moan. He picks me up, dinner quickly forgotten, and I wrap my legs around him. He gently lays me on the bed, looking at me with such love. "Tris...I need you right now." His hand begins to roam over my hip, but then he stops, looking at me with concern in his eyes. "If that's ok. We don't have to do this right now."

"Please, Tobias," I moan. It has been so long since we've been in each other's arms with nothing between us. I really don't want to think about Germany anymore. I don't want to think about anything but him. "I want you so badly."