Good new at last

Arnav had been changing the cloth on her forehead for almost an hour now unaware of the happenings just a few feet below him.

Caressing her cheeks lightly, he inhaled sharply trying to get rid of the horrid feeling of something happening to her. Even though the doctor had reassured them that it was least unlikely for her condition to worsen, but until he could find his innocent, childish and crazy wife back on her feet, he still couldn't get rid of the nightmares in his mind. As much as he'd try to believe, the fact was that he couldn't bring himself to hate her. If he did then he would have destroyed and killed her the day he found our about her intentions to snatch his sister's happiness, but instead he chose to bind her with him in a bond he never even believed in. If someone would've told him a year ago that he'd be married to a crazy going girl who was having an affair with his own brother-in-law, he'd straight away make a call to the Mental Health Facility, yet here he was guilt eating up his insides apologising to this woman in the heart he thought was frozen.

* Short disclaimer: No Bubbly track took place. Till now whenever Akash would come home, Monorama would always keep him busy in chats and try to degrade Payal's image in his mind while he just helplessly heard and later ignored her words.*

Payal closed the door behind her and went to dit on the bed burying her face in her hands. Tears came down slowly as sobs escaped her mouth one  by one.

Akash looked at this heart wrenching scene and soon joined his brother in the guilt-ridden club as he replayed the scene where he'd promised to keep her happy and always support her, yet here he was, after listening to his mother instigating him against her, helplessly standing at the door watching her cry.

"Payalji?"

He called out softly so as to not startle her. But despite his efforts, she was caught by surprise and tries to wipe her tears in order to hide her weakness from him.

" You here? I thought you were with Mom. Go freshen up, I'll get you tea."

She gets up to leave but he holds her hand and makes her sit on the bed again.

" Payalji, I know I haven't been a good husband so far, but please don't shun me out when I know you need me. I have promised to take care of you but see here, I'm such a failure that not even a month of the marraige and I can't stop your tears."
He bent his head down in shame wiping the lone tear that was trickling down her face.

Hearing his words, she immediately shook her head and held his hands.

" No Akashji, you are not at fault here. It's just that I got a little upset seeing Khushi's condition."

Hearing that, a sudden frown appeared on Akash's face.

" Khushiji's condition? What happened to her?"

He was both confused and enlightened since Khushi's matter explained both Payal and Arnav's worries. But his mind ran a list of all negative possibilities that could make his wife this upset. Looking at Payals face he could guess that she was going to cry again, so suppressing his confusion, he held her shoulders gently lending silent support to her.

At this gesture, the dam broke and Payal couldn't hold her sobs back as she leaned into her husbands embrace, resting her head on his shoulder trying to absorb all the comfort she could.

" I am a very bad sister Akashji. She was sneezing since morning, but when she ignored it, I too simply let the matter go. Why am I such a failure of an elder sister? I should've known something was wrong. I should've made her take a medication. If I had done something, then she wouldn't have......."