Chapter 13 Goodbye

"I'll get up to the rocks and fire a flare." Mason ran. 

"I'm coming with!" I ran (more like limp) along with her.

"I'll buy you time." James said just before running into the jungle yet again with Slivko, Hank and the other men.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BOOM another explosion rung out. "Mason hurry!"

"I'm trying! I'm trying!" She panicked trying to get the safety out of the flare gun. It was harder than it sounds. The click somehow got busted and hopefully, the gun was still working. Our adrenaline was pumping and we were sweating like pigs. Of course our worries couldn't compare to everyone down below who was currently firing at the monster. A click was heard and Mason's worried face turn into a joyous one. She did it!  She position the gun upwards and was about to pull the trigger until

BOOM

The vibration of the ground made her trip sending her rolling two stories down. BOOM BOOM BOOM. This was no bomb but steps. Like a lion jumping on it's prey Kong jumped out of hiding and onto the skull crawler's back gnawing on it's shoulder and down they both fell fighting. "YES" I screamed seeing Kong alive and stronger but immidietely regretted it when I saw Mason's limp body on the ground. Thankfully she started moving and looked at me giving me a thumbs up signalling she was okay.

So I ran towards the gun and finally pulled the trigger. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Mason being carried to safety by Slivko and I sigh in relief. Now I know I wasn't a damsel in distress.....that was until the skull crawler came at me making me shooting another flare into it's head making it tumble to the ground not before hitting the cliff I was on making me loss my balance and fall into the water.

The world seemed to slow down.

Soon I accepted my fate.

I should be happy to be reunited with my mom.

I'll surely miss Slivko's jokes

Hank's wierdness

Mason's fruitcakes

James Captain, My Captain, the man I thought I'll end up with....

Black was all I see now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"NOOO" Screamed Mason and James as they saw edden make a spat into the water. To them, she was gone already. James had a flash back when not too long ago they were kissing and Edden promised that she would be alive. His heart sank and so did everyone else's. They're sadness for the blonde turned into anger for the skull crawler and all raced towards it with Kong who was pumping his chest with his fists like an ape without fear avenging their new friend. 

"FIRE" Hank commanded.