Chapter 10 Saved By Me....For Once

All I could see was a bright light....then darkness as I closed my eyes in order to adjust to the lighting. I passed out, that's what I knew but how long? was my question.

We were no longer on a boat but trekking in the forest and we were joined by new people now (Packard's group) since I could hear his demanding tone from a mile away and I had no crutches, they were split in half, I was being carried bridal style on Condrad's arms.

"Hey" was my big word after scaring him half to death and passing out earlier.

"Stop! She's awake!" Was his.

He settled me down and gave me his water. I finished it all in one gulp. Most of the group was around us now though and Mason hugged me, "I'm glad you're okay."

"Me too." I reply giving her a small smile.

"I'm glad you're okay too. You looked like deadweight and suggested to just leave you to nature's faith but your boyfriend here offered to carry you." Obviously, that sarcastic voice belonged to the one and only war freak Packard. I didn't respond though, just glared at motherfucker.

"Where are we?" I asked sharply.

"In an island." He replied. Oh I'm gonna kill him. "Going to rescue my solider then kill Kong." That's it!

I advance to him well, correction: I tried to advance to him but was stopped by my injured ankle that made me hiss out in pain.

Conrad and Mason's attention was back to me and Packard is snickering walking back. "C'mon ladies! We're burning daylight. Chapman's waiting for us on the west of the island."

"WEST?!" Hank exclaims "We can't go west! That's where those skull crawlers are!"

"Skull crawlers?" Packard looks confused. The group shares looks.

"They're predators. Beast that naw off your flesh." Conrad explains. Packard cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah east is best!" Hank nods eagerly.

Conrad lifted me up now with arm on his shoulder so I could at least walk on one foot.

"I'm not leaving one of my men behind." Packard grits his teeth. Nor he wasn't impressed of what Mason got to say either.

"Hank is right. It's far too dangerous. We can get him after we get picked up. We'll me more equipped by then!"

"No" I say.

"What?"

"No." I stood up strait "Nobody get's left behind. Imagine if you were him, you would be beyond terrified by now. Someone once said that we cope more differently than others when we're scared. What about Chapman? He's all alone. He has no one. And he's probably waiting for us. You'll be surprised how long a person can wait." Conrad's head whips to my direction and I look at him "You're here as a tracker right?"

He takes a deep breath and nods "We can make it in time for refueling."

That seemed enough to give everyone motivation to push through. "This is a bad idea." Mason rolls her eyes.

"I know." Conrad replies giving her the same look.

I, however ignored that two comments and leaned into Conrad's shoulder whispering "Thank you."

"Just stay safe okay?" He whispered back.

"Aye-aye my captain." I looked up at him giggling.

"This is a good group of boys, we are all going to die together out here!" Hank laughs tapping a bunch of soldiers scaring them.

This will be a one heck of a day.

-------------

"Run!" We all go our separate ways including Conrad who had supported me because of my ankle. Now I'm alone limping towards nowhere with a skull crawler no where to be seen. All I could see was sand and gas. The cigarette explosion did even more damage making it impossible to see without googles.

The crawler had just eaten Randa who made a huge mistake taking a flash picture of the carnivore.

It screeches again but this time beside me making me limp towards the others. We were now forming a circle and Conrad placed me behind him and Mason. We could all hear the camera flash inside the skull crawler's stomach. It was paranoia where the flash would end up next since it the flash keeps on coming from different directions. Everyone was on high alert.

"Come out you shit!" Packard yell. Damn you Packard. And there came the last flash before the beast ran up to Hank. My eyes widened when Hank didn't move at all when the skull crawler was advancing towards him. He held his freind's samurai up and mumbled something in Japanese before slicing it's leg.

"YES!" I rejoiced but then later come to regret it when the beast heard me and came running towards me "Oh shit."

I took of running ignoring the immense pain of my ankle. People were shouting my name telling me where to go but I panicked. Thankfully I spot a gun and I ran towards it slidding down and shot it's eye sending it to the other way. I held the gun tightly thanking God that I was still alive.

"Conrad!" I heard Mason scream. I looked at him to see him running into the toxic gas with a face mask on and a samurai. He helped Slivko up and ran as the skull crawler was running after them. I fired the gun again and ran towards them. Throwing the lighter I confiscated that helped create the cigarette explosion a while ago not only stopped the monster but finished it as well. I got sent back and knocked into Conrad for like the 50th time today.