The men disbanded at the threat, leaving their sides immediately. Their feet scuffled against the sidewalk, doors slamming as they hopped back into their vehicles. 

"Go to the car." Jumin whispered, reaching out to touch her.

He retracted his hand as quickly as he raised it. "I'm sorry." He chuckled, looking around for anyone left. "Habit."

"Wow." She breathed out, still overwhelmed by the events.

"I'm sorry that happened. I thought it would be safe, it's my fault." Jumin looked remorseful, eyes lingering on Eva to make sure she was alright. She kept her gaze focused on the traffic, items still clutched tightly to her chest.

Jumin waved down a taxi.

He gestured for her to follow him. Jumin walked Eva to the car and opened the door for her. "We need to talk, I'll meet you at your apartment."

"Okay." She breathed, still shaken up from the unwanted attention. Eva could not fathom how Jumin put up with that crowd every day. 

"I will see you soon." He whispered, wishing he could kiss her on the cheek.

  ✭✦✭✦✭✦✭  

Rubbing her eyes in discomfort, Eva entered her apartment. She set her purse on the counter and laid down on the couch. So many fortuities were running through her head.

Was this really worth it? Reality had slapped her across the face. 

She knew that if her relationship with Jumin were to continue, she would have to confront the media. Being with him meant living his lifestyle. She had spent her whole life growing up and hating it. She truly believed most of the wealthy were mindless creatures who only did things to impress others. It sounded cruel, but she had worked for those people most of her career.

Jumin was that exception. He understood his position and tried to make a change. That's why she fell for him. Unlike his father and friends, Jumin did things for others regardless of the credit.

And he was intelligent. So intelligent it blew her mind.

So why was she feeling like this?

There was a light knock at the door. "Eva?" Jumin called. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah. In here." She sighed, sitting up on the couch.

Jumin slipped out of his trench coat and hung it on the rack. Eva bit her lip as she saw the dark blue sweater he was wearing. Why did he always have to dress so professionally? Especially when she was upset, She felt she could never get her point across because she was too occupied with his looks.

He sat next to her, embracing the girl in a tight hug. It calmed her immediately. She buried her face into his shoulder, taking advantage of the blissful moment.

"I'm sorry...." Jumin breathed out, petting her hair softly. She felt like crying but she managed to hold it in. He hold was filled with so much passion. 

Distracted for a few minutes, Eva eventually pulled away. "Are you sure you want to be together?"

He narrowed his eyebrows. "Of course I do, why would you ask that?"

"Because of what happened, I just thought... what if they figure out we are together?"

"I don't think it will be a big deal."

She mentally rolled his eyes at that comment. He really didn't get how this would effect her. Jumin would be completely fine if their relationship was exposed. He was famous, the only label he would receive was one of a womanizer. As if most men in the media were not like that already.

What would Eva get?

Shamed.

She stood up from the couch, distancing herself from Jumin. "It would be a big deal for me. I would be fired."

She turned her back on him. "You would be slandered. I feel like we are being too risky."

She felt tears stinging at her eyes. This was her whole life they were talking about. Everything she had worked for was being jeopardized just for being with him.

"I know the risks Eva, and I'm more than willing to take them."

"Why?" She whipped around, partly in anger and partly in fear. Why was he having no doubts?

Passion surged though his veins. He wanted more than anything to tell her how he really felt. But he couldn't. "Because.... I...."

"I'm your boyfriend. I care about you so much." His voice faltered at the last part. He got up and set his hands on her shoulders. "You need to trust me."

She started to feel sheepish about her outburst. None of this was his fault... she was just scared.

"I do trust you Jumin--I just don't trust others. The uncertainty of our relationship is really bothering me. We haven't been together for long... And I, well... If this is just because you're lonely, or a spur of the moment... I really can't risk my entire future for it." 

Eva's words hit him hard. It was as if he was swept away in an avalanche. He had been naive to neglect how deeply his feelings could change her life. She was not him. Her life was as normal as they came. 

Jumin knew that only time could make her see that he was serious. 

"I won't let anything happen to you." He assured. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what trouble comes our way."

He looked like he wanted to say more, but instead he lifted her chin and kissed her softly. She blushed, melting back to him like she always did.

Her attraction made her afraid. Even if they ended their relationship now, her life would not fall back into the same routine. Eva had taken that risk the moment they kissed in the bar. 

The woman prayed it would all work out. Because she knew she couldn't live without him.

  ✭✦✭✦✭✦✭   

Word count: 1,563