Chapter 17: Sticky Situation

(A/N) Hey... well this is a bit awkward huh? I would just like to apologise on my very long and unannounced absence from writing this story. I'm sorry I'll try my best to post when I can :) and thank you to everyone who's been leaving favourites, comments and assigning this story into their reading lists while I've been gone. Also it's been 2 years so for those of you still here, thanks lol.
-Becky

Emil, Peter and I speedily jogged towards the forest border, it was unnecessarily difficult because we all ran at different speeds and so it took a while to get to the end of the woodland without loosing one another.
"He'll meet us here soon, he's picking us up." Emil explained, checking the dark road intently for cars. The road at the edge of the forest was one of those eerie old country roads that easily frustrate any driver because of the thin concrete with walls of prickly hedges and other foliage. Although, the setting sun didn't settle us. It'd been about half an hour since we arrived by the side of the road, the moon had risen, the darkness overwhelmed us and the cold terrified us.
Peter's teeth wouldn't stop chattering, "Emil, i- it's freezing and it doesn't seem like your friend will be getting here anytime soon," he explained. "Who is your friend anyway?"
And as if on cue we heard the sound of a rickety car engine racing along the country roads, Emil frantically swung his arm around in the middle of the road to signal at the driver. The car swiftly pulled over and the driver rolled down the window revealing a familiar English friend and a certain Cantonese companion.
"Arthur! Leon!" I exclaimed.

Although, what happened before Emil, y/n and Peter escaped into the forest? What happened to the other Nordic folk? Well, let's see...

Y/n and Peter rushed upstairs leaving everyone else behind.
Tino gave a light chuckle, "how sweet."
"How sweet indeed," a sickly English accent said as Oliver emerged from another room.
Denmark and Tino gave Norway looks of disbelief and fear. Berwald took a step forward, protectively putting himself before the others.
Norway grabbed Emil's wrist "take y/n and Peter and text Arthur to pick you up along the country road, go quickly." Emil didn't hesitate before discretely dashing up the stairs and ushering Peter and y/n about their sudden needed departure.
Oliver walked closer to the remaining four Nordics, at the click of his fingers he summoned a large brown rabbit with the facial features of an angered bat. The rabbit fired some sort of liquid at Mathias.
"Den! Duck!" Norway yelled, Mathias quickly did as instructed and ran off into another room to grab his axe.
"Oh, so you're the magical one, are we?" Oliver smiled at Norway, who maintained his stoic face. "Well I did try to plan around you, but you're still here, oh bother now I have no choice. I'll simply have to kill you."
Unknown to everyone else Finland, too, had snuck off to grab a weapon and, from the doorway of the study, multiple titanium bullets pierced through the air at high speeds from two handguns in the possession of a Finnish gunman. One bullet blasted through Oliver's right shoulder, the few others missed and struck the wall behind him. The pastel Englishman grimaced and grabbed his shoulder and attempted to summon more mystical creatures, which also failed. Lukas' usually friendly, green troll had rapidly melted Oliver's magical energy, rendering him nearly unconscious.

Emil and Leon were conversing in the back as Peter and (y/n) chatted to Arthur in the front.
'Emil?' Arthur called back for him, getting his attention. 'What actually happened at your house? You've given me snippets but I don't think I know the whole story'
'I've told you all I understand myself,' Emil sighed 'Lukas never talks about the second players much so I don't fully get what's going on.'
'I just don't understand why they're so dead-set on taking (y/n).' Arthur said to no one in particular as he steered down the roads, heading for somewhere safe. His own house
(Y/n) felt a sense of guilt for not speaking up yet about Oliver. She had gathered by now that the second players weren't kind people, but they weren't mean to her, a little distant but not cruel. The girl stared into the distance, watching the trees and signs pass at high speeds and listening intently to the calming pitter patter of subtle raindrops on the car.
Almost half an hour of driving when there was a sudden yell from the back of the car 'Arthur! Look out!' from Leon. large tree had been struck down and was laying across the middle of the road. Arthur slammed his foot down on the break and throwing one arm across Peter and (y/n). Everyone jolted forward and looked at each other awkwardly. What now?
'Oh you're taking the piss...' Arthur sighed planting his head firmly on the steering wheel and grasping onto the sides. After a brief moment he sat up and unplugged his seatbelt, 'Leon, Emil come look at this with me for a second' he instructed the young men in the back.
'Well, this has been an eventful night.' Peter stated humorously in an attempt to lighten the mood, looking over at (y/n). She only nodded, a sinking feeling forming in her stomach.
Arthur attempted to channel his magic to lift the thick log, but it was useless and with none of them being overly muscular their amusing attempt at pushing it off of the road was all for naught.
As Arthur kicked the log, his brows furrowing further in anger and frustration a dark figure jumped into the drivers seat. Peter and (y/n) were scared stiff unable to call for help as a bleach blonde and a brunette hopped into the back. The engine revved as the car turned sharply and speeding away back the way they came. Leaving behind Arthur, Emil and Leon all distraught and confused.
'Hiya again bambino' the blonde called from the back, reaching an arm round to rustle (y/n)'s hair, Peter whipped his arm up and slapped the hand away.
The brunette pulled out a freshly sharpened knife 'if you want to keep that hand you'll watch what you're doing with it' he threatened Peter slightly pressing the tip of the blade into Peter's wrist but not enough to bleed.
'Luciano, please, no!' (y/n) said pulling Peter's hand away from the silver point.
'(Y/n)? How do you know these people?' Peter said in disbelief shuffling closer to her and away from the large stoic blonde man driving the car. (Y/n) couldn't respond, more that she didn't know how to rather than she didn't want to. She opened her mouth to speak but no words escaped her.
'Well, boy, in a long and complicated way we're essentially her uncles' Flavio quipped from the back, adjusting his sunglasses.
'Alright, I'm sick of this' Luciano groaned 'Lutz drive faster already, will you?'
'You do not have to tell me twice,' Lutz smirked, gradually pressing his foot on the acceleration.
Peter grabbed (y/n)'s hand and closed his eyes in an attempt to elleviate a nightmare, like Tino had told them to do before.
Thinking of Tino, (y/n) also thought of Berwald, Mathias and Lukas. In the rush of the situation they were left behind. Are they okay? A tear rolled down her cheek as she feared the worst for her family.