Chapter 1

Derrick's POV

"DERRICK!!" A shrill screech sounded through the room as I mentally groaned, sitting up in bed.

Lucy stormed into the room, a magazine in her hand, a glare on her face. "Derrick! What is this?!" She thrust the magazine towards me, pointing at the headline that read: 'O'neil's late night activities have no end!' Followed by a picture of me and the two chicks I had my way with last night.

"It's me, and my prizes from the bar. What of it?" I yawned.

"'What of it'?!" Lucy growled, grabbing my ear and dragging me out of bed. "I did not become your manager and help you become a famous actor so you could step on your name and sleep around!!"

I shrugged, wincing when she yanked my ear harder. "Look, why do you care what I do at night?"

Lucy growled. "You hardly ever try to do your job, then you walk around and act like you own the goddamn world!! Women flock to you because you're handsome, and you think you can take advantage of that! Your job should come first!"

I yawned. "I'm just trying to have fun. Besides, I was given the gift of good looks. Shouldn't I use it?"

"No! Do your job, then worry about satisfying your needs! Use your hand if you have to!"

I shook my head. "Nope. These hands are strictly for fondling women and giving awesome handshakes."

Pulling me down by my ear, Lucy spoke in a low, dangerous tone. "I want you to either break off your relationships with those women and find a stable lover, or I'll do it for you!!"

She stormed off, leaving me alone with a pain in my ear. I swear, that woman is the reincarnation of the devil. But, it's not like she'll follow through on that threat. She's said it many times before, and it never happens.

Besides, she can't actually think I'll settle down, much less with someone of her choosing. I enjoy having fun at night, and it satisfies my insatiable horniness. And it's not like the press is dissing me. I bet they put that headline in as a compliment. Lesser men could never score any of the beauties I get.

Sitting back down, I pull out my phone and dial one of the many numbers in my phone. It went through immediately. "Wanna meet up tonight?" I asked huskily.

Listening to the reply, I grinned. "Great. See you at eight"

---

I groaned, my head pounding as I opened my eyes. Too much alcohol last night, I thought as the glaring sun burned my eyes. A form moved next to me in bed and I turned to the sleeping figure. Leaning over them, I whispered seductively. "I had fun last night."

The girl's hand went around my neck, her eyes hooded with lust and sleep. "Me too."

Before anything else could happen, the door burst open, startling us apart. Lucy glared at the girl as she covered herself with the blanket. "OUT!" Lucy screamed. "Grab your clothes and leave!"

The woman scrambled to collect her things and rushed out with a whimper. I ran a hand through my hair, turning to Lucy. "Did she have to go? We were about to have some fun."

Lucy huffed. "You can have some fun when you're kicked out of the high life because no one wants to hire a sorry excuse for an actor, that only has sex on his mind."

Shaking my head, I laughed. "Never going to happen."

Her eyes watched me, piercing through me. "One month."

"What?" I looked up.

"I will choose a lover for you, and you have to stay with them for at least a month. Prove to me you can focus on your job, and actually work. If I succeed, and you fall for the lover, you give up your prostitutes and become a hardworking, reliable actor. And it fails - the worker quits, or slips up on the job - I'll let you go back to your nightly activities."

"If I ignore them and work, what's the point of having them there?"

"They'll be a security measure. Keep the press down, make sure you don't sneak around, and they might even encourage you to work better."

I snorted. "Yeah, right. I'll bed 'em and break their heart before you can even turn around."

Lucy frowned. "It's either this, or you lose your job and your night life. Isn't it better to at least try it my way before you ruin everything?"

I eyed her. "Well, after your plan fails, I basically get my life back. Where's the prize?"

Lucy rolled her eyes. "What is it you could possibly want?"

Grinning, I sat up. "You have to change my manager. To one that doesn't yell or butt into my personal life."

It seemed mean, to fire Lucy, but she had actually been my second manager. The first quit after I broke up with her. And besides, I'm pretty sure managers aren't supposed to be so involved with the lives of their clients. Give me my schedule, make my coffee, compliment my clothes, drive me where I want to go, then leave me to my fun.

Lucy bit her lip, watching me to see if I'd change my mind. Instead, I leaned back, laying my head in my hand. "Well?" I raised an eyebrow.

Finally, she nodded. "Okay..." She spoke quietly, her voice shaking. "If my plan fails, and the lover I assign doesn't do their job, quits, or gets into bed with you, I will resign as your manager and leave someone else, someone nicer, as you put it, to be in charge of you as your manager."

I smiled victoriously, watching as Lucy walked away, muttering to herself. Laying back down, I closed my eyes, thinking about what I had to do. All I have to do is seduce whatever lover she chooses, and get back to my ladies. How hard could that be?