Chapter 33

I opened my eyes and looked down to see Lucy still sleeping. I let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness she's not awake yet. It would worsen things even more.

I slowly removed her arms and entangled myself from her.

What's the time anyway? Oh shit! I forgot about Felix! I rushed down to see him with Metal head, Bookworm and their daughter.

The kids were playing some puzzle game while those two were talking. "What are you'll doing here?" I asked.

"Hello to you too, Flame brain." Metal head said. "We came to check up on Lucy. Is she asleep?" Bookworm asked. I nodded.

"So when are you gonna tell her the truth?" Griffin asked.

"Soon. If she can even bare seeing me." I said bitterly.

"You know, she was feeling a bit guilty for acting that way with you because you'll aren't in any relationship. 'It's not like he's mine.' Was what she said." Bookworm said.

Why the heck is she guilty? It's my fault. I should be the only one feeling guilty. I dragged a hand over my face. I didn't have anything to say. I made my way to couch and settled down. I threw back my head and stared at the ceiling. How will I tell her? When will I tell her?

"And do you know that her birthday's coming up?" Bookworm asked. I nodded.

"26th December. I already have something prepared. I think I'll tell her the truth tonight. When we all go back to the hotel where we were staying." I said.

After an hour or so the three decided to leave. Felix started playing the video game I bought him.

She must be awake by now. I took an aspirin and a glass of water and went up. When I opened the door I saw her sitting on the bed clutching her head.

"Here. Take this. You'll feel better." I said and handed her the pill and water.

She gulped it down quickly without a word of complain. An awkward silence filled us.

"What happened?" She asked. "You got drunk after eating a cake." I said. She didn't make eye contact with me.

"Where's Felix?" She asked. "He's down. Playing video games." I said. I walked towards her and gently took her hand mine. She flinched.

"Listen I-"

"Papa, is Mama awake?" Felix came in and asked. Lucy pulled back her hand quickly and smiled at Felix.

"Mama!" He said and rushed to give her a hug. "Hey Fé." She said.

"Mama I was so worried about you." He said and she kissed him on his cheeks and on his forehead. She smiled at him brightly but her eyes held some sadness. And the cause of that sadness was me. I frowned.

Soon. I'll tell you soon. I don't know how you'll take it but I hope you take it in a good way.

Lucy's POV

"As a sorry I'll make you'll some cutlet sandwiches. Okay?" I said. Felix cheered.

I could feel Jason's eyes on me but I didn't have the guts to look at him. I got up and slowly walked downstairs. I wobbled a bit but made it down safely.

The rest of the day passed by quickly and it was time to part with Felix. Not part exactly since we could meet him anytime since he's in the pre - school division.

He first hugged Jason while the latter patted him on the head and gave him one of his rare smiles.

When he came to me I hugged him tight, not wanting to let him go. He hugged back trying to put his chubby little hands around me.