Chapter 27

Lucy's POV

I sat on my bed. Why does it matter to me? I shouldn't care how Jason feels about me. But it hurts. My heart hurts. I held the pendant Jason gave me for awhile. I then pulled it out and put it in my drawer. It's better there.

"Lucy, dinner!" Lisa said. "Coming." I said and went down.

After dinner the girls decided to play truth and dare. I was forced to play even though I wasn't interested.

"Come on! It'll be fun." Levy said. "I'll go first. Levy, truth or dare?" Kelly asked.

"W - What? Me? Well truth I guess." She said.

"How far have you gone with Griffin?" Kelly asked. Levy blushed at that. "We've smooched once or twice." She answered. We all hooted. I smiled. This kinda lifted my mood.

"I choose Elly. Truth or dare?" Levy asked and the game went on till it landed on me. Scared they might ask me to do something weird if I choose dare so I chose truth.

"So tell us, what happened today? In Central Square? With Jason." Lisa asked. This is as bad.

"You might feel better after telling someone." Lisa said. I sighed and told them what all I heard.

"How mean." Elly said. "It's fine. I can't help it. I am that way. But what hurts is that he would rather date Gabrielle than me. And I kinda like him. As more than a friend." I said smiling sadly.

"I'm not gonna leave it at that. Lucy, tomorrow I want you with your hair down and straight, I want you to wear a dress, stockings and heels. And I'll do your make up." Kelly ordered.

"What?! But I don't even have a dress!" I said.

"Levy can lend you one or I can make you one too." Kelly said.

"But-"

"No buts. Girls let's go and choose her a dress right now." Kelly said and they dragged me to Levy's room. Levy's room was mostly filled with books, even in different languages.

"These are all I have." Levy said and placed more than 10 dresses on the bed. "Try them all." Kelly said.

First was a long one, then a frilly one, then one which made look fat, then a simple lacy one and it went on.

I slumped down on the bed, tired. We didn't find any good one. I spotted one more dress in the closet.

"Hey what about that?" I asked. "Oh that. It's doesn't fit me anymore so I thought it wouldn't fit you too. Wanna try it?" Levy asked. I shrugged.

I changed into it and it fit perfectly. It was a dress but looked like a shirt and skirt. It was full sleeved with two holes around the shoulder and puffed a bit near the wrists. The upper part was black in colour then it was a black leopard print belt and then a white flowy skirt.

"This is perfect!" The girls said. I looked at myself in the mirror and twirled. It reached my mid thigh.

"Jason will take back all his words when he sees you tomorrow." Lisa said. "Yeah. I guess." I said.

"You can keep it if you want. It looks really good on you." Levy said. I thanked her and the others and went to my room. All night I just kept thinking,

Is this all worth it?

The next day as said I wore the dress and the black stockings along with my knee length black boots. I left my hair open.

The others came and began their work. After they were done I saw that some of my hair was tied in a side pony and bangs clipped to one side. My nails were painted with a silver coat and my face....I wore soft red lipstick, slight blush, mascara and some shiny silvery eyeshadow.