The goodbyes

Alice's POV
We arrive at the airport just in time, half an hour before the flight, we gather my suitcase and enter the terminal we only look at each other and we hug for who know how long, here this is your new Passport and the ID, he said and then hand them to me.
You will be using them from now on, Oh and aunt Mary will be waiting for you at the airport.
I took them and with out any other word an only tears falling from each other eyes we said our goodbyes.
With out looking back I enter the plane, I sat down in my assigned seat just crying my eyes out thinking and wondering why, why us how something just banishes in one second.

I felt my heart broken in million pieces, it feels like I was never going to see him again, but he promise me that we will be together again and I know he will do it. I will be back to Italy,to my home back with my bother and be a family again even if is just us two.

The only good thing about all this is that I will be able to see aunt Mary my mother's sister and my dear cousin Alexa slash best friend as well, she would always come to Italy to visit every summer thats how we even grownup close as almost like sisters.
Mother and father love her as a daughter they never treated her any different just because she was their niece, it's been almost two years since the last time we have seen each other, So I was a little excited about the idea to see her again after so long.

After eight hour flight, we finally arrive at New York's airport, As soon I got out of the plain I gathered my suitcase and follow my way to the airport entrance, as soon as I reach my destination I spot my aunt Mary, I quickly run to hug her and with a tight hug she welcome me, oh look at you sweetheart you are all grown up wow, my sister really did a great job raising you, but anyway how you feeling baby? I know it must be hard for you, but just know that we are here for you Alice.
You have lost a mother and I lost my sister, but we need to be strong, as strong as she was, An with her arms still around me she spoke.

Lets go dear you must be tired.
As I follow her to the exit door of the airport I could see uncle James waiting for us in the car, as soon he saw us approaching his way, he got out of the car and hug me, oh sweetheart welcome to New York. He said with a big smile on his face.

Thank you uncle James, But how have you been? I asked.

Oh I been good you know, just working sweetie nothing more to do. He reply

Oh but Alexa will be trill to see you she is coming back tomorrow from California, she left on vacations with her coworkers.

She doesn't know I was coming? I asked

No your brother call us and ask if you can come leave with us a day after she left to California, she is going to be really surprised to see you and find out your going to live here with us.

I can't wait to see her. It's been so long. I then heard aunt Mary mumble.We are here home sweet home, welcome to our home Alice.

It was small but it is very beautiful and Cousy place.

Come sweetie let me show you to your room, I follow aunt Mary we arrive to a small room, but with a big king bed. Just what I need it in this moment, okay sweetie is not much but it's something. Oh no auntie this is perfect, I say with a big smile.... okay sweetie I'm going to let you get settle you might want to rest a little bit, I'm going to come later to let you know when dinner is ready, before she turn I hug her.
Thank you for all of this aunt Mary.

Oh no need to thank me Alice your my niece and I love you, now get some rest sweetie.

After Fifteen minutes later I got my stuff settle in, then following with that, I took a good relaxing shower .
After the shower,I called my brother to let him know that I have arrive, but he did not answer, so I decided to Tex him.

Hi brother is me Alice just texting you to let you know that I have landed and that I'm okay... call me as soon as you read this, love you.

I waited for his response but nothing, after half an hour of waiting, finally my eyes got tired making them drift away causing me to fall asleep.