Yuki Chronicals- 5

The month of October. The fresh air, green leaves getting ready to change to a golden orange. October is my favourite month out of all of them, even the month of my birthday. This time of year made me the happiest. Plus, the fall festivals were held in October. As I looked out my window, the leaves were falling to the ground as everyone cleaned and prepared for the festival. It was October Third, with only three weeks to spare.

Ever since I came back, everyone was in uproar, happy that I came back safe and sound. My dad actually gave me a wide smile and a tight hug. My mother was smiling as she rubbed her belly. The baby was due any moment sometime this month, and I was wishing it was today.

I collided on my bed as I huffed. My thoughts would lead to Rin, Obito and Kakashi sometimes. I wonder if Obito was still alive or my mind was playing some trick on me. The thought of Rin actually being dead tore my heart apart. She could have been a great role model for the baby. And then there's Kakashi.

How he's always cold and swift, but deep down broken inside. The impact of Obito giving up his life for him scarred him. Then when Rin just suddenly jumped in front of him, killing her quickly. Either way, she could have worked with the tailed beast and not let it get out of control. But it's way to late for that, I broke a vow and Kakashi broke a promise.

I sighed as I sat up, scratching my head as I headed down stairs. Dad was at his office and mom was doing her daily chores. I left out the front door and smelled the fresh minty leaves and spiky needles. The breeze of the wind picked my hair up and made it flow behind me as I walked around the village.

Everyone had a smile on there face, looking sweet and happy with red, orange or pale orange/red hair. The equation of us having a different hair color was rare. Before I could even walk off my front porch, I felt a hand tightly grab my shoulder. I turned around to see my mom placing a worried look on her face. The look on her face made my knees go weak.

I gulped as I shuffled around so I was facing her, "Mom? What's wrong?" I asked.

She breathed in and held my wrist as she dragged me back into the house. She placed her hands on the table, breathing heavily, suddenly collapsing in a chair. I shrieked a little, running to my mothers aid. I stared at her as she pulled her hair back and sighed. "Yuki, it's time I tell you."

I gave a confused look. I never seen my mom as the one to hold secrets. She's to cheerful but gets angry easily like Kushina. It kinda scares me how they're so alike. "What is it? Is the baby ok?" I reached to help her but she suddenly flinched away.

"I'm fine!" She raised her voice, her breathing turning ragged again. "Just... Just sit down so I can tell you. It's important." I did as she said, not wanting to stress her out any more than she already was.

"Mom please, your scaring me." I whimpered.

She froze and looked into my eyes. "I'm sorry." She took deep breaths and finally calmed down. "Yuki, I feel it. The power of your sister." She held a hand to her stomach.

"What do you mean? Is something wrong!?" I half yelled, leaping to my feet.

"No, no! It's not that. I need to tell you a story. Um, years ago, way before you were ever born, at age fourteen Sukai was announced the new leader for the head family. At that time my father, Rio, was already the leader and he highly disapproved. He always does." She grumbled theist sentence, more of it being said to herself.

"Anyways, all the anger caused him to suddenly leave the place. After I waited for a few days, it turned to weeks, months and he never came back. That's when the elders finally called me in to the main branch. They told me about my mother, how she actually died." She took a shaky breath before continuing, "My mother had a rare powerful Kekkei Genkai just like I do. When she was laying in the hospital bed, I remembered she said she place the remaining 75% of her healthy chakra in the glass bell."