Chapter Five

That night I dream again. I know I'm dreaming as soon as the dream starts because it feels unreal, just like last night's dream did.

I'm kneeling in front of a tree. This tree is no ordinary tree, though. It is covered in carvings. These are no ordinary carvings either. They shift and change like leaves on the wind.

"Show me Silvia Gray", I say. The carvings are wiped away on a section of the trunk in front of me, leaving a clear space behind except for a small dot in the center. From this dot carvings spiral out, resolving themselves into a carved image of a woman. The carving shifts, showing her every move. The woman - Silvia - speaks, and though I can only see her mouth moving, I know what she is saying.

"Remember that you are my chosen one", she says.

An image explodes behind my eyelids, accompanied by a moment of excruciating pain. It looks like a red circle with two lines through it and a triangle without one of its sides.
It looks like this:

After the image fades a little, I wake up

After the image fades a little, I wake up. The pain is gone, but I can feel a slight pressure in my skull. Somehow I know that it is trying to lead me somewhere. I have nothing better to do, so I follow it.