Chapter 11

I remember when i was little. I think i was 8 and Uriah was 6. Either way we were little. It was the first time we ever saw each other. A Dauntless and an Abnegation. That was forbidden in the faction world. Sure people had secret relationships but never between Dauntless and Abnegation. They're to opposite. But then again, opposites attract.

It was one of the choosing Ceremonies that we met at. We were running around and bumped into each other. We both were injured. But we both found it hilarious. So we went on secret hide out and played manhunt. Hide and seek, etc. It was fun. I chose Dauntless for him. But.....i didn't realize what i had done until it was to late. The women who did my aptitude test, Tori, told me i was Divergent. 16 and Naive, i didn't understand and until she told me people are afraid of Divergence. Because we can't be controlled. Fear alone was enough to make me understand that i was a dead girl. But after i watched my dad beat my brother i couldn't go back. Even if i wanted to it wouldn't be allowed. I was stuck.

And then i met Adam. He was so kind and gentle. But unfortunately he had to die suddenly. And that's when i hardened my heart so no.one could get in. But somehow....Uriah did.

"Get up." Someone flicks my head and i groan.

The light is blinding and i squint trying to see the silhouette in front of me.

Uriah.

I look around to see that I'm tied to a chair. But the rope is only around my arms. I can break this.

"What are we doing here?" I ask him.

"I'm supposed To kill you. Jeanine wants it over quickly but i wanna see you fight." Uriah smirks and comes up close to my face. "Lets see you fight stiff."

I pull my head back and collide it with his nose. He steps back and groans in pain. His nose is bleeding and i smirk back.

"Your Dauntless born. You could win." I taunt him.

"I know." he cuts me lose and i waste no time in trying to knock him out of the simulation.

I kick in his knee and punch him in the face. Uriah falls to the ground and coughs.

"You're getting beaten by a stiff, Uriah. Get up!"

Uriah spits blood and his eyes are full of hatred. I swallow my broken heart and get ready to fight a well trained Dauntless.

Uriah throws me a punch and i dodge it. I watch his footing closely and see that he's like Peter. He steps before he punches. Right as he steps to hit me again, i attack his neck. He chokes and stumbles back immensely. I grab his head in my hands and force him to look at me.

"Uriah its me!" I exclaim.

He suddenly pulls out his knife and swings at me. I barely dodge it, but now he has the upper hand. Uriah grabs me and throws me into a wall. I fall to the ground struggling to breath. Uriah gets down ontop of me and positions the knife above my stomach. I quickly grab his hand pushing up as he pushed down.

"Uriah its me! Jay!" I screamed.

Tris and Tobias suddenly run in but i shake my head.

"Don't! This is my fight." I tell them.

"Jeanine will be pleased." Uriah says.

"But you wont be," the struggle with the knife makes my voice quiver. "Uriah your angry that i didn't say i love you. Your angry for Adam leaving me and since he's gone you wanna hurt me for it. But you wont be able to live with yourself."

I position the knife near my waist so he doesn't rupture anything important.

"No." Uriahs now sweating and pushing harder.

"Yes. And I'm sorry. Uriah i love you so much i was just afraid to admit it." I say.

Uriah pushes harder and i take in a deep breath.

"I love you." For the first time in 2 years, tears start pouring from my eyes.

I let go of the knife and it gets driven into my side. The pain is so sudden that i let out a blood chilling scream.

"NO!" Uriah yells. He gets off me and sits beside me. "Jay I'm so sorry!"

I pull the knife out of my side and Tris and Tobias run up beside me.

"Now's not the time. Jeanine, where is she?" I ask.

"She's been taken care of. Don't worry. But we need to get out of here. Now." Tobias says.

I nod and he helps me up. I wrap my arm around Uriahs neck and he helps me out of the Dauntless headquarters.

"We have too catch a train!" I point to as train on its way at full speed.

"Can you do it?" Uriah asks.

"There's only one way to find out."

I pull my arm off Uriahs shoulder and he takes my hand. I hold my side as we run after the train. Its pure agony but i don't wanna stick around to see what's gonna happen. Uriah catches the train first and pulls me inside first. Then he gets in beside me. Taking off his jacket, he puts pressure on my wound.

"Why did you make me stab you?" He cries.

"Because it was the only thing i could do not to lose you." I reply.

Uriah softly kisses me and i kiss back. When he pulls away he kisses my nose.

I don't know where we're going. Or what we'll do when we get there. But its only a matter of time before Jeanine comes back bigger. Stronger and more planned. And US Divergence have to be strong for that moment.

Tris, Tobias, Uriah and I. We can do this. We can bring peace, because we are Divergent.