XVII

The fight was bad. Nobody knew how to stop it. Nobody wanted to stop it. Jasmine may look cute and cuddly on the outside, but if you mess with her, it's like releasing hell on yourself.

The fight between Jasmine and Vanessa lasted five minutes before Renee, Pippa, Lexi, Lin, Anthony, and Daveed named to yank Jasmine off Vanessa. Javier, Daveed, and Theodosia pulled Vanessa away- but she didn't put up much of a fight.

Because of that, the baby shower didn't last long. After the girls got separated, Renee, Theodosia, and Anthony stayed upstairs with Jasmine cleaning up the minimal cuts and bruises she had, which wasn't any. Lin and Lexi stayed with Vanessa outside to clean her up and send her on her way.

Phillipa apologized to the guests, say goodbye to hers and Lin's family, and went inside. Nobody went after her. Nobody has seen her sense. All the guest left, and then Vanessa did. Everyone helped bring in the food and take down the decorations, but Jasmine, Renee, and Theodosia stayed upstairs with Jassy.

Jassy sat on Theodosia's bed starring at the ground, not speaking. She felt terrible. But she had to defend Phillipa when she couldn't defend herself.

"Jas? You okay?" Renee asked as Theo and Renee walked over to the bed.
Jas lifted up her head and stared at the girls. "I fucked up. I really, really fucked up. I ruined Pippa's party. She didn't want it for a reason. She knew I would fuck it up".

Jas pulled her knees to her chin and buried her face in them. Theo and Renee exchanged looks then sat on both sides of Jasmine. They comforted her and held her while she cried. They didn't know what to do.

"I ruin everything," Jasmine bawled.

They exchanged looks again, and The theodosia left the room. Renee pulled Jasmine close and let her cry, she didn't know what to do.

"Why do I constantly ruin Pippa's life. First the texting Ant when she needed my help, then the car crash-"
"That wasn't your fault. At all. He rammed you off the road, Jas," Renee interrupted.

Theodosia came back to the room, but she brought Anthony. Renee hugged Jasmine, then left the room with Theodosia. Anthony went over to Jasmine, picked her up, sat on the bed and put Jas on his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck as tightly as she could and just cried. She always felt safe with Anthony.

"I'm such a screw up, Ant..." She bawled.
"No you're not. You're not a screw up, Jassy. You're an amazing friend-"
"How? I ruin Pippa's life! All I do is take her for granted. I ignore her and push her away. A-And whenever I TRY to help- I fuck up. I texted you making dinner plans while she was bawling in my arms. I-I left a club drunk trying to get to her when she needed help. Then I was the one who needed help. I... I ruined her party. The party she didn't even want. I should have just listened to her in the first place..."

Jasmine grabbed onto Anthony as tight as she could and cried and cried and cried.

"Jasmine listen to me. That party was ruined the second Vanessa showed up. She wasn't invited. She crashed the happiest moment for Pippa. She went after Pippa first. You were being an amazing friend and standing up for her when she couldn't defend herself. Maybe you took it too far. But after what she yelled at you? She deserve it. Jasmine she pushed you first. You had to defend yourself. And i'm so, so proud of you, baby," Anthony said.

Jasmine pushed off and stared at Anthony, he stared back. He leaned in, and they sat there kissing. When Jasmine pulled away, she hugged him around the neck.
"I love you."
"I love you too, baby."

"You know, Jas- he's right."

Jasmine and Anthony looked towards the door- and everyone was there. Renee, Oak, Leslie, Theo, Lin, and Phillipa. Phillipa stood there smiling at her. She walked over to Jasmine, and Jasmine ran to her and hugged her as tightly as she could.

"I'm so, so, so, sorry. I ruined your party, Pippa. I should have never-"
"Oh shush," Pippa said as Jasmine let go. "Watching you kick Vanessa's ass in front of everything? Best thing that's happened this month."

Everyone started laughing, Jasmine just smiled.

"Jasmine you went up and defended me from that bitch. You showed her who she was messing with, and I don't think she'll be coming back either. You've been nothing but a great friend to me. You're there for me and you always make an effort. I don't think I could ask for a better friend." Phillipa smiled, and Jasmine hugged her again. Phillipa hugged her tightly back, smiling, being proud of her best friend.

"Your kids are going to have the best mom," Jasmine whispered.
Phillipa smiled. "And the best God Mother."