VIII

An hour later

Pippa sat in a ball curled up on the couch letting her tears fall like droplets from a cloud. Jasmine and Renee sat on both sides of her, rubbing her back and hugging her. Jasmine gave Pippa tissues every time they were needed and Renee gave encouraging words.
Pippa didn't even know why she was crying. She knew it was going to end like that. Lin had his girl, Pippa had her baby. She didn't even know why she wanted Lin in the babies life so bad. She knew deep inside she could take care of the baby by herself.

"I don't know what to do..." Pippa muttered in between sobs. "I don't want him in my life."
"What about the baby?" Jasmine asked.
Pippa paused. "I can do it by myself."
"You know inside you're just saying that. You know you need Lin," Renee reassured.
"I know deep inside that I'm a big girl who can handle a mini-me," Pippa shot back, placing one hand on her baby bump.

Jasmine and Renee exchanged looks- they didn't know how to comfort Pippa. The girls usually did, but Pippa never put up a big fight like this before.

"Pippa... Are you sure you didnt hear Lin correctly? Maybe you just heard him say something wrong," Jasmine asked.
"I'm positive Jas. I know what I heard. He loves her," Pippa said as she pushed herself off the couch. "I need to leave."
"Leave where?" Renee asked.
"Leave...Here. Leave this town. Go somewhere else so my baby can have a fresh start," Pippa replied as she walked in small circles.
"You can't just abandon everyone and everything because one person did something fucked up," Jas responded.
"Yeah. You have us!" Renee agreed.
"Two people isn't going to help me raise a baby when you're both always busy," Pippa snorted.
"When are we too busy for you?" Renee asked, raising an eyebrow.
Pippa laughed. "You're always too busy with Oak tree over there. You never stop texting him, you never even come see me Friday nights or even Saturday's because you're so busy with your little crush. And- Jasmine always too busy sleeping with Anthony and going out to eat with Anthony. Everything is always Anthony, Anthony, Anthony! Jesus! You both sold yourself short because of men! You're pathetic!"
"That's not true!" Renee and Jasmine yelled.
"Really? Show me your phones," Pippa said crossing her arms.
Jasmine and Renee looked at each other, neither of them wanted to upset Pippa. Jasmine handed Pip her phone and Renee the same.

Pippa went through Jas' phone notifications first. Four missed texts from Anthony, missed Facetime, and a missed phone call. Some other Instagram and such but nothing too big.

Then, she checked Renee's. Nothing. But, before she gave it back, a text popped up.

oak💏💘: is she ok?

Pippa looked at Renee and unlocked her phone, all girls had each other's fingerprints on her phone. She opened up the texts and saw that Renee was texting Oak the whole time she was comforting her, telling him exactly what was going on.

Pippa checked the same for Jasmine. Jasmine was doing the same- but she was busy planning dates with Anthony as she was comforting Pippa. Pippa tossed both girls their phones back and stood with her arms crossed.

"You're suppose to be comforting me! Instead you're texting your boyfriends! Renee- telling Oak EVERYTHING that's going on and Jas is making dinner dates. So sorry for asking for some comfort and attention from my two best friends!" Pippa screamed, both girls stood there, not knowing what to say.

I'm such a shitty friend... Jasmine thought. She knew Pippa was right. She knew she focused on Anthony more than Pippa when Pippa was in a time of need. She knew Pippa needed her help and love and support... And she didn't give it to her.

What have I done... Renee thought. She knew Jas was thinking the same thing. Out of all the times Pippa supported her and loved her and helped her- Renee couldn't do it back.

"Maybe I'm just asking for too much..." Pippa sighed as she grabbed her coat.
"No... No Pippa- you're not. We should have been there for you... I'm sorry..." Renee sighed.
"Yeah... I'm sorry I put Ant before you-" Jasmine was cut off by her phone dinging. But Jasmine didn't even look at her phone for a second, she continued staring at Pippa. "-I should have been paying attention to you."

Pippa buttoned up her coat, slipped back on her shoes and walked towards the door. "Don't sorry about it. Next time- I won't come to you." And with that, she slammed the door, walked to her car, and drove out of Renee's house.

Forty-five minutes later, Jasmine and Renee were sitting with Oak and Ant at the park sipping iced teas from Dunkin' Donuts in silence besides the birds chirping and children playing. They both knew they messed up and they didn't know what to do.

"God, guys... I feel so awful..." Jasmine sighed, Anthony put his hand on her thigh under the table and rubbed her gently to relax her.
"We really messed up..." Renee confessed.
"Well, where did Phillipa go?" Oak asked.
"Home. I think," Renee answered. "We went to her house earlier, she locked the door and didn't answer but her car was outside."
"Pippa never locks us out. We really fucked up," Jas confessed.
"Whoa- am I late to the party?"
Everyone looked to their right to see Lin walking towards them. Anthony and Oak smiled, Renee kept a stare, and Jasmine glared.
"I texted him. Figured he'd help," Oak said as Lin stood in front of their picnic table.
"What'd I miss?" He asked.
Nobody said anything. Renee and Jasmine exchanged looks then went back to looking at Lin. Renee didn't know what to feel towards him. Jasmine- however, was furious.

Jasmine stood up and stood in front of Lin, then smacked him upside the head. Ant and Oak gasped and Renee felt a small smirk come across her face.

"Are you fucking dumb?!" Jasmine yelled. "You played her! You made her think you liked her! That you wanted her! That you genuinely wanted her in your life, but NO, you just wanted her so you wouldn't have to pay child support. You're an idiot! Phillipa Soo is a beautiful, talented, funny, trusting, charismatic, caring person and you lead her on to believe you had feelings for her. You used her so you wouldn't have to pay for a baby. You're pathetic. You're lucky you're in public because if we weren't I would knock you to the ground so hard you wouldn't even know where to begin to stand up. You're a pathetic piece of shit that doesn't deserve Phillipa Soo in your life. Manuel, you disgust me."

Jasmine grabbed her drink from off the table and threw it in Lin's face- leaving everyone shocked. Jasmine couldn't believe she did that, and she didn't know what to say afterwards. So, she grabbed her phone, kissed Ant and stormed off in a hurry. Renee grabbed her phone and drink and hurried after her- leaving the men confused.