16: The Evil Sister

Start from the beginning

She looked at Jordynn worriedly and her friend just nodded at her, agreeing with what she's planning to do. Before she could even stand up, someone already did.

"I'll talk to him," Jess said but when she was about to follow Judah, Ysmael spoke all of a sudden.

"Let Lian do it," the guy said defiantly looking up his fiancée's sister. "It's not like he listens to you anyway," he smirked.

"But—"

"Sit down Jessica," Mr. Kim said with a commanding voice. "Please Liandra," he then turned to her with a reassuring smile. She can't help but glance at Jess and found her slowly sitting down before glaring at her lap.

She found Judah outside, casually leaning on their veranda's balustrades. She reluctantly walked towards him and stood a meter away. It felt so long since they last saw each other but it was actually only three days. Look at them now being awkward, or is she the only one feeling uneasy?

"Why are you standing there?," his voice reached her ears, breaking the silence of the night.

She looked down, "I'm sorry... I see, you need to be alone. I'll leave." She hurriedly whirled around to go back inside but in just a few seconds, she felt arms going around her waist from behind, his warm cheek suddenly pressing against hers.

"I meant you're standing too far from me," he whispered as they absentmindedly swayed in a soundless tempo. "I missed you," he added, surprising her.

"Don't say that," she said, rubbing his arms which are resting on her stomach, "if you really did you should've done something to see me."

"Right, so I guess you didn't miss me." Lian swore she detected sadness in his tone, or maybe she was just imagining things as usual.

"I did," she said without hesitation, "but I won't say it because it would just be empty words."

He gently pushed her around to face him, "I'll remember that," he said before leaning down and claiming her lips. She admits she anticipated it as she readily snaked her arms around his neck and kissed him back. He pulled her closer as their lips moved in sync, proving that actions speak louder than words. They definitely yearned for each other the past few days.

"Are you alright?," she asked once she slightly moved her head back. "You suddenly left. Is everything okay?"

"I just can't wait to be with you alone," he said convincingly, yet she can't will herself to believe it. There's just something about his eyes that tells her there was something more.

"I thought I won't see you again," she uttered, changing the topic. "You've been gone for only three days but it felt so long. I don't know why it felt like that. Perhaps I'm getting used to your presence." Her eyes wandered around for a while, not sure if she could continue what she was saying.

"What is it, doll?," he asked, noticing her reluctance.

Lian stared back his beguiling eyes, "do I have the right to ask you to always assure me that you're okay? Do I have the right to think we're more than friends? It's okay if it's not... I mean I can try to control my feelings and—"

He shut her up with yet another heated kiss and released her when they finally needed to breathe.

"You're making me feel guilty again," he chuckled. "I was here in Seoul since the first day I wasn't able to contact you. Family matters, and Jess also came back from the States so I was summoned by my parents here," he explained.

"Oh," she nodded in understanding. "Thank you for explaining. Jess, she..." she started reluctantly, "she was your childhood friend too? Along with Jordynn and Ysmael, I mean."