Chapter 1 - The Announcement.

* 15 years later*
(On Auradon)
"Mom, Dad!" The sun was shining as it always did on Auradon as King Benjamin came racing up to his parents, Queen Belle and King Beast, his girlfriend Mal gripping his hand tightly behind him, her purple hair blowing gently in the slight breeze. The King and Queen turned round to smile at their son and his girlfriend as Ben began to speak. "Mom, Dad, I've decided, well, we've decided," he said, looking at his girlfriend who was now stood next to him, their fingers intertwined, "we've decided to bring a few more of the villain kids over here from the isle of the lost. 5 more villain kids to be more exact." King Beast looked shocked but Queen Belle looked pleased, her son was turning into her more and more every day, not judging a book by its cover. "Okay son, which villain kids have you chosen this time?" King Beast sighed, his queen then giving him a sharp nudge and a face that he knew all too well, (it was her 'give them a chance' face.) Ben looked at Mal again, the two of them smiling. "The kids we have chosen are the daughter of the queen of hearts, the son of Hades, the daughter of Ursula, the son of gaston and the daughter of Captain Hook." King Beast growled quietly at the mention of Gaston's name, he hadn't had very good experiences with that boy's Father a long time ago. "King Beast," Mal interrupted, "I know that you might not be happy with our choice, but I can guarantee that I know who each of these kids are, and Gaston's son is practically harmless, I might even say he's not exactly the brightest spark," she tried to reassure the King and Queen as much as possible. Soon enough the King agreed to ben's decision and the message was sent to the isle to prepare the chosen villain kids as to what was to come.

(On the Isle Of The Lost)
Lizzie, Gaston Jr., Damian, Pearl and Rose were causing trouble on the isle, as per usual, when they heard each of their names being called by their parents, now this was unusual. They followed where the voices were coming from until they could see each of their parents stood together in the square. Lizzie's mum spoke first, "finally you children show up, we must've been calling you for hours I-" she was cut off by Pearls mother "oh shut your trap Queenie, just get on with it and tell them the news," The queen of hearts looked straight at her then and said, "well, Ursula, I was about to tell them before you rudely interrupted me," "Mom, just stop arguing and tell us, it's getting boring now," Lizzie spoke up to her mother.

"Ahh, yes, the news is that you five have been chosen to go to a different school, in Auradon." The villain kids all looked either terrified or just fed up, it didn't seem like any of them wanted to go to the land of prissy pink princesses. But one of them did. "Each of you must now go home and pack any belongings you wish to take with you, you will be going to Auradon first thing tomorrow morning, is that clear?" Nobody dared to argue with the Queen of Hearts (otherwise 'off with your head') so everyone just nodded and did as they had been ordered to do. Pearl went with her mother Ursula, Gaston Jr. went with his father Gaston, Damian went with his father Hades, Lizzie was dragged off by her mother and Rose went with her Father Captain Hook.

Now, Rose was the only one of the villain kids who wasn't absolutely miserable about going to school in Auradon, in fact as soon as her and her father got aboard the Jolly Rodger and out of sight and earshot, Rose smiled and cheered. "Dad this is my chance!" She grinned, "I finally have the chance to find my real parents!" Hook smiled a small smile as he run his fingers through his greying hair. He had always known this day would come, he knew he was going to lose her eventually.

Rose had always known that she wasn't Hooks real Daughter, he had told her that from a young age. Hook had told her when Hooks older child, Harry, had thought it funny to pick on this child whom his father had found abandoned by the sea. It had become a kind of comfort to her as she got older, the idea she was something more than just a child from the Isle. She just had no idea who her real family were. All she had left of them was a bandana she wore around her wrist which bared a picture of a rose and some form of beast-like creature. Hook had told her that it had been wrapped around her when he had found her that evening on the beach by the ship. She always wore it around her wrist as a reminder that she could be so much more.

She found the largest bag she could find and began to pack her clothes and other things she wanted to take with her, like some of the books that Hook had brought back for her to devour when he went on occasional trips around the isle, collecting payments from those who were also stranded on the isle.

Rose did love being on the isle sand causing mayhem, it's what she had more or less always known, but she longed to be on Auradon, she longed to find out who she really was. And she believed that who she was would only be discovered outside of the barrier. She needed a chance, and King Ben had given her her chance. She would not mess this up.