Requite (AMACon 4.5 Entry)

Prompt: Stripper Maine / Groomsman Alden
Genre: Drama with a bit of Fluff and Harot
Author: @wuthie16
Prompter: @Superbibilove

TITLE: REQUITE

//

"Are you having fun?"

Kris Martin asked as he plopped down beside a quiet Alden Richards, just as Alden took a sip from his glass of whiskey and Coke on the rocks. They had been best friends for the longest time, ever since diaper days, and that night was Kris' bachelor's party - given that he was about to get married in three days, with Alden being his best man, of course.

"Oo naman," Alden answered, smiling, his deep dimple showing. "Eh ikaw ba?"

Kris turned to his friend and grinned. "Sino ba namang hindi? With all these?" he gestured towards all the booze, the boisterous, drunken laughter of everyone and some girls dancing on the laps of some of their friends, "Sobrang fun! Pero ikaw kasi - nandito ka lang sa isang tabi. Ang tahimik mo. Dapat kasama ka namin na nag-e-enjoy. To think na ikaw ang nag-organize ng lahat ng ito."

Alden simply shook his head and downed his drink before pouring another. "This is your night, Kris. Last hurrah nga kumbaga since you're tying the knot with Joyce in three days."

At the mention of his fiancee, Kris' smile softened. "Ahh... Joyce... Who would have thought that I'd end up marrying one of the hottest girls in high school?"

"Who would have thought na papatulan ka ng hottest girl in high school? ARAY!"

Kris hit Alden upside the head to Alden's loud laughter, the teasing between friends not changing even when both of them were already grown men.

"Ikaw! Palibhasa - ikaw ang saya-saya mo sa singlehood 'no?! Kailan ka nga ulit huling nagka-girlfriend?" Kris retorted before scoffing as Alden chose to keep mum. "Thought so. Baka 'yang si junjun mo maputol na lang one of these days dahil sa hindi mo siya masyadong nagagamit. Tell me, bro. Magkano na ang subscription ngayon sa Pornhub?"

This time, it was Alden's turn to hit Kris upside the head. "GAGO! Kingina nito. 'Kala mo kung sinong malinis!"

"Well at least ako - ikakasal na at palagi nang may action. Unlike some other people I know in this room."

At this, Alden fell silent, only quietly mumbling, "Not all of us could be blessed with a love like yours."

Kris took a deep breath and fell silent as well, sighing as he felt the sudden change of air between his best friend and himself. "That was slightly callous of me. Sorry, pare."

Alden simply shook his head and smiled tightly at his friend. "Ano ka ba? Wala 'yun."

Kris' curiosity, however, would not be abated. "Pero, pare - matanong ko lang, ha? Kamusta ka na ba talaga? Kamusta na kayo ni Ciara? May chance pa ba?"

"Ikaw - daig mo pa babae sa sobrang pagka-chismoso mo!"

"Alden."

Alden sighed. "Let's not talk about Ciara, anymore, please, Kris?" he quietly replied. "Tapos na 'yun. Tapos na kami. Masaya na siya sa kung sino mang kinakasama niya ngayon."

And if he was going to be honest with himself - he was actually happy it didn't work out between him and Ciara. It seemed like he really couldn't maintain a long and healthy relationship anyway. All his past relationships failed, most of which ended bitterly, especially since most of the ladies he had dated complained that he wasn't fully giving his all and himself to the relationship.

How could he? When he was still harboring feelings for a longtime high school crush and comparing all of the ladies he had been with, with her.