:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 13] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

I sighed. "Are you all just pulling my leg? What, were you expecting me to freak out and run away screaming? I don't think it's funny. Dustin," I added after a second with a small glare.

"What? We are being honest!" Dustin replied sounding surprised. "I wouldn't lie to you!"

"It's too hard to believe," I responded while shaking my head. "It's... it's like believing in unicorns!"

"Shall I prove it for you?" Damian asked with a slight smirk. I watched as he went over to the metal chair Ayden was sitting on.

"What...?"

Ayden stood up and offered the chair to Damian. Before I realized what was happening, the chair wasn't a chair anymore. It was a little ball of metal and plastic. My jaw dropped at the sight. Then he threw it. Well, I wasn't sure if he threw it. All I knew was that a second ago it was in Damian's hand, and now it was now in Ayden's hand. I must have blinked or something. Then it was back into Damian's hands. Then suddenly Dustin gasped and took a few steps back.

"Hey!" I cried, trying to get out of the bed. Ayden pushed me back with one hand. I fell back on my pillow and scowled.

Dustin smirked and chucked the ball of material back at Damian. He caught it was one hand, using no effort. Damian then clapped his hands together, with the ball between them, and it was gone. Damian turned over his hand and dust fell down onto the carpet.

I stared at the dust falling down in amazement. They really were vampires. The vampires that I thought only existed in books, television and movies! But they were the real things! And even more surprisingly I wasn't terrified, just shocked. Perhaps it was do to how long I had been a friend of Damian and his family for.

"Don't give me a reason to kill you," Dustin's warning voice broke into my thoughts.

I automatically looked up.

"I won't," Damian replied smoothly. "I just thought you were feeling left out of the game of catch."

"Thanks for your concern," Dustin replied sarcastically.

"Doctor," Ayden suddenly said in warning.

Dustin and Damian both backed to the walls of the room and sat down in the remaining, still intact, chairs. Ayden disappeared from my vision, than suddenly appeared with a new chair, still next to my bedside. I breathed out in awe. This would be hard to get used to.

The doctor entered with my brother by his side. I glowed at the sight of him. Will broke out into a grin and the sight of my smile.

"Hey," he greeted and sat on the edge of my bed. "How are you?"

"Great!" I replied enthusiastically. "So great in fact, I'm ready to go home! So can I go?"

Will laughed as the doctor frowned.

"Not quite. I just want to run one more blood test, but it will take about five minutes."

"Ew. Blood test." I sighed. Then froze and stared at Damian and Ayden. A blood test? From what I knew about vampires from books was that vampires and blood did not go to well together. "Um, a-actually. Do you think we could take the blood test later?"

"What? Why? I thought you wanted to go home?" Will asked his eyebrows narrowed in confusion. "Didn't you just say you wanted to?"

I shot a look at Damian and Ayden, who looked just as confused. "Yeah. But a blood test right now..."

Suddenly, Ayden started to laugh but quickly turned it into a cough, then cleared his throat. "Madison, I think you should take the test."

Now it was my turn to be confused. Wouldn't it make them hungry or something? Or maybe the correct term would be thirsty? I stared at him for a few seconds and he nodded so I shrugged.