:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 10] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

When the bell rang I headed for my locker, Damian following me, not saying anything. When we reached my locker, he reached out and spun the combo before I did, and placed his jacket inside. I grabbed what I needed, not making a fuss about his stuff in my locker today and headed for math class.

In math, as tired as I was, I still noticed the tense actions between Damian and Mr. Black while he handed back the tests we took on the first day. I got a ninety-five while Damian got a hundred. He smirked in triumph but I was too tired to care. In art I was barely focusing on my project and at one point Damian seized the cutting knife from me so I wouldn't accidentally cut myself. I spent the rest of class resting. I wasn't really focusing on things around me, just trying to stay awake. It was the same in third and fourth. I must've yawned twenty times.

When I entered fifth period Emmett mauled me in a hug.

"You don't look well," he told me while pressing his hand to my forehead.

"I'm not sick," I replied pushing his hand off me. "I'm just tired. And a little spent with all the running in the rain I did yesterday."

"You ran around in the rain!" Dustin cried looking at me. "You could have the flu!"

"I wasn't out for that long. I just needed to..." I trailed off, staring outside the window. I didn't really need to do anything. I wanted to make it home before it started raining, but that didn't work out so well. Now I was just feeling the aftereffects.

A thump on the top of my head with something hard broke me out of my trance and I swayed for a second before falling forward. An arm shot out and caught me before I hit the floor.

"You're sick," Damian stated looking at me with a concerned look.

"I thought so," Emmett said shaking his head.

I pursed my lips. I wasn't sick. I was just tired, but these ignoramuses just wanted to blow things out of proportion. However, I was instantly ashamed of thinking such a thought when they were only concerned for me.

"I could tell this morning," Damian replied, nodding his head.

"What'd you hit her for if you knew?" Dustin remarked angrily, breaking my thoughts.

"She'd forgotten her binder in Spanish," Damian answered Damian smoothly. "I was returning it to her."

I struggled out of Damian's grasp. "I feel fine."

"You're going to the nurse's," all three boys said at once. I narrowed my eyes and turned to Kim, who had just taken her seat.

"What?" she asked as four pairs of eyes locked onto her.

"Maddie is sick," Dustin informed her, gesturing towards me.

"I am not!" I cried angrily, before yawning. "I'm tired!"

"You do look sick," Kim agreed with Dustin. "Maybe you should go to the nurse."

"It's not... I'm not... Look!" I cried still angry and now frustrated. "I am fine!" Was the whole world against me? The four of them stared at me for a few seconds, and I glared at each of them in return.

"I'll bring her down," Damian offered as he shifted his bag onto one shoulder, and grabbed my bag from me, slinging it across his other.

"I can do it," Dustin said, holding out his hand for my bag.

"No it's quite alright. I think I can manage," Damian replied with an air of finality. Dustin stared at him for a moment, before pressing his lips into a tight line and shrugging.

"Whatever."

I glowered at the group remaining as Damian dragged me down the hallway. I struggled to break free.