:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 10] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

It was a quiet ride to school as I stared out the window, sneezing once or twice. One of them was so loud Ayden pulled over out of surprise and concern. I must have nodded off because the next thing I knew, we were parked outside of the school, and Dustin was jabbing his finger into my side.

"Wake up, sleepy head," he muttered before recoiling back, away from me.

I stared at him in bewilderment while my head cleared away all the cobwebs of sleep. "Why did you move away so fast?"

"I didn't want you to throw something at me," he replied with a grin. "You know, like earlier."

I turned red in embarrassment. This morning I hadn't been embarrassed because I was too irritated to be, but now, with people who could hear this, I was incredibly humiliated. Damian was staring questioningly at Dustin, who was now smirking. I begged Damian in my mind not to ask anything about this subject.

"What do you mean?" Damian inquired nonchalantly, his eyes narrowing the slightest bit.

Damn.

He turned his probing eyes on me, which just made my face turn redder. His expression became more confused, and I had to look away.

"Nothing," I replied, opening the door and hopping out. I squinted at the cold sky as the sun started to peek through the grey morning clouds. It was unseasonably cold; possibly do to the rainfall the night before.

I shuddered, and made a beeline for the school. Drowsiness tailed me like a duckling shadowing his mother.

"You look tired," Callie commented in her usual cheerful voice.

"I feel tired," I replied, winging open the door and stepping into the warmth. I thought the warmth would wake me up, but instead I felt even more tired, and suddenly heavy on my feet.

I turned and looked for the other three. Ayden was the only one who entered my field of vision. My eyes strayed back to the car, where Damian and Dustin were standing close to each other. A strained look on was on Dustin's face, and, though I could not understand why, a look of what I guessed to be dry amusement was on Damian's, accompanied by his tense stance.

I stared curiously until I felt Ayden's hand on my back, guiding me towards my homeroom.

"You look asleep on your feet," Ayden chuckled.

I stared at him with a small smile, my focus still on Damian and Dustin. Dustin now had a look of anger on his face, pure rage. I would have been surprised if he had punched Damian in the face. I made to go back but Ayden's hand stopped me.

"Don't worry about it," he said soothingly. "There's just been a little... mishap about something."

"About what?" I asked as we reached the room.

Ayden shrugged as he took out the key and opened the door, entering and setting his suitcase on the desk. He sat down and gave me a small smile. "Something of little importance."

I was going to ask him more, but he abruptly stood up and exited the room, excusing himself, his smile gone. I stared after him for a moment, bewildered by his sudden actions, before resting my head on the cold, hard surface of my desk.

The halls became noisy and I assumed the students had begun to arrive on buses. The morning music was played a few moments later, some old song that I had never heard before. I tried to focus on the lyrics so I wouldn't fall asleep while waiting for the day to begin.

After a few minutes the homeroom bell sounded and students began to file into the room. Ayden and Damian entered together. Damian took a spot next to me again and Ayden listed off a few more announcements before leaving the class to hang until the end of homeroom. I focused on a tile on the floor to stop myself from falling asleep, since the music was gone.