Chapter Eighty Five

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Rhalla clenched her teeth, but did not sob like she wanted. Tears escaped her eyes, especially when his hands touched her where only Azabela's had since she'd gotten out. Escape! Cricket begged inside. Rhalla tried to fog her mind over, to project her soul from her body. She knew what he was here to do. She couldn't get far enough.

"You had Captain Anderfail's son," the baron told her. "Perhaps you'll bear another child by the morrow."

The world went still. And then, the cell door opened.

"Father," came a male voice. It interrupted the touch. "I was told I'd find you here."

"My son." There was a semblance of something in Riasion's voice. A warmth, of sorts. One that scared Rhalla. What if they both...? No, she couldn't think of that possibility.

"Who's this?" came a question. "Another girl of yours?"

The lever was kicked again. Rhalla was turned to face them. The baron's son looked a lot like Riasion had fifteen years ago, except younger. Rhalla expected him to be around Iris's age. Likely younger. He looked her over, just as his father had. His body was smaller, almost lanky. He hardly looked like the tough men Hench remembered.

"This is Rhalla Gwenneth," came Riasion's conversational tone. "The Cricket I told you about years ago."

The son's eyebrow raised. "Is that so?" He offered a wicked grin after a second. "I hear she's magnificent."

"She was," the baron clucked in disapproval. "But look at how she's ruined herself. Tsk tsk. I'm not sure I could find anyone that would pay for her. Perhaps I should offer her up for free. Perhaps a package deal, with some of the other girls. I hear this one likes to fuck girls, anyway. It might be fun to watch."

"Ruined herself?" the son asked. "She's intriguing. I like muscles. They're rather seductive. Shows me that she cares about herself. I'm curious about her."

Riasion chuckled. "You think so?"

"I do."

"I don't pretend to understand your kinks. But if you want her, she's all yours. She's a quiet one. Hasn't spoken a word. I doubt she'll make any noise for you." Riasion stepped back. "Do you want her?"

"She will make noise," he replied. "And I do. I think she'd be a fun one. She looks like she'd fight back. I like it when they fight." The smile on his face made Rhalla sick to her stomach. "But I don't like going in where my father has. Feels all wrong." His eyes begged the baron. "Let me have her all to myself."

After a moment, Riasion nodded. "Only for you, my son. Take as long as you want. What did you need from me, by the by?"

"It's not so important anymore." He gave Rhalla a devil's smile.

"Very well."

The son nodded and waved his father off. "Well, if you don't mind." The father made a gesture, a sort of I'll leave you to it type thing, before smirking once more at Rhalla. Then, he left. The young man turned back to face Rhalla once the door slammed shut. She couldn't help it, she bucked against her chains as he approached.

Something made her stop fighting.

Suddenly, the son's malicious smile disappeared. In fact, his entire demeanor changed in the span of a second. Quietly, he walked up to the silks pooled on the floor. His hands were gentle as he slid them back over her skin. She felt as he tied the ribbons back. And then, his touch disappeared. His hands did not explore her. He said nothing else. The baron's son just stepped to the edge of the cell when she was recovered, and he squatted to his knees. He pretended to be suddenly interested with something on the floor. His eyes went from dark and sadistic to near innocent. Melancholy in a way that spoke of a young soul that had already seen too much horror.