Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken

Comenzar desde el principio

I nodded in agreement.

"I gotta get home. Call me if you need anything, okay?" she said.

"Okay, bye Karra." I said as she got up and walked out of my room.

~~~~~

Jake's POV:

"Hey man, what's up?" is what I heard from the opposite side of the phone call that I picked up from Chris.

"Nothing." I answered.

"I just talked to Karra, what happened, man?" he asked.

I knew he was talking about Lindsey.

"I don't really wanna talk about it right now."

"It's okay. Whatever happened, I'm here for you man." he responded.

"Thanks. I'm gonna go now. Bye."

"Bye." he said, as the line disconnected.

~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

*the next day at school*

"Hey Linds, you holding up alright?" Karra said to me as she approached my locker.

"Still breathing." I answered, not turning to look at her.

"I told Chris and Leia what happened." she added.

"What? Why did you do that?"

"Because Leia is one of your best friends, and she needed to know. I told Chris because, well I tell him everything. And he's Jake's best friend too."

"You didn't tell them about exactly what Jordan said, right? I don't want Jordan's surprise for Leia to be messed up because of this stupid fight."

"No, I didn't. But she told me to tell you that she's here for you no matter what." Karra explained.

"I'll thank her when we see her in English." I told her.

"I'm gonna get to first period. Bye Karra."

"Bye Linds." she said as I walked away.

In the classes I had with Jake, I didn't dare to talk, or even look, at him. I was thankful we didn't have any group assignments, or else I don't think I would have made it through the day.

We both avoided each other through the entire school day, and didn't try to communicate.

That is, until we finished school.

I was walking to my locker, when I bumped into someone.

I muttered a quick apology, not bothering to look up until I finished saying sorry.

"Hey." he said.

I gave a small closed lip smile and proceeded to walk away.

"Lindsey, wait." I heard him say from behind me.

"What do you want, Jake?" I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"We need to talk." he said.

"What is there to talk about? I'm supposedly a cheater to you, which I'm actually not." I ranted.

"That's not what it looked like." he muttered.

"Is that what you bumped into me for? To pick a fight? I'm not dealing with this right now." I said, trying to walk away again.

"Lindsey, that's not what I meant."

"Really Jake? Because that's what it seemed like to me." I said and shook my head.

"What do you mean?" he responded.

"What do I mean?" I said back, with a brief pause afterwards.

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to things, the way you look to the side when you're nervous, and ultimately, the way you feel about me. But, right now, after all that you've said, you feel more like a stranger to me than you ever did before."

I can't believe those words just came out of my mouth.

I was hurt, and my heart was shattered like a hammer colliding with a mirror. Broken, by one of the only people I trusted would never break me.

"Bye, Jake." I said, not looking back and walking away.

I reached my hand up to my cheek, and felt a warm tear slide down it.

I wiped the tear away and kept walking.

A/N:

Are you guys sad? I know I am😥. What do you think will happen next? Let me know! I actually didn't know if I would be able to post a chapter this week, since I started school. But, I got one written! *giving myself a pat on the back lol*

I also wanted to say, thank you to all my constant readers that vote and comment. It means the world to me, and I couldn't have written this book without you guys. So thank you daisies!

Please please please vote, comment, and share this story! We are pretty close to 3K, so your support really helps! See you next week with a new update!