Chapter 4

*Will*

Will rushed into his first class on the second bell. Thank goodness for the extra time I had, Will thought. He ended up being stuck at one of the traffic lights for 5 minutes, and it almost made him late for his first day of school!

Will scanned the room, seeing only one empty desk towards the back. He made his way there, disappointed he couldn't be in the front. In the front, there was less distractions, and he could interact with the teacher more. Will looked around for the room at his classmates. He saw Piper and Leo. Two of his friends were in this class! Will kept looking around and recognized everyone from last year, and around the small town, except for one person. There was a boy sitting next to him who had headphones on and was writing profusely in a notebook. Will was drawn to him in a way, but he wasn't sure how. Maybe it was how the boy's appearance was reflecting how Will felt when he was drawing or listening to music? The boy was wearing black Converse, black jeans, and a black sweatshirt. He had a skull ring on his left middle finger and his hands were pale. Will couldn't see the boy's face, for it was covered with shaggy cut black hair.

Will was about to tap him on the shoulder when the final bell rang. Will glanced up to the whiteboard, which had Mr. Smith was written on it. Will then saw a man at a desk in the front room standing up. "Welcome to the first day of school and Algebra 2!" The teacher said cheerfully. "My name is Mr. Smith." He talked about what we were going to learn this year, and he passed out syllabuses, which he went over in intense detail. He also passed out binders, pencils, and notebooks. "I am your 1st period teacher, so if you need anymore schools supplies for your classes, feel free to let me know tomorrow." Since there was only 5 minutes left till the next bell, he let us mingle.

I looked over at the new boy. He still had his headphones in and was writing in his notebook, which he had been doing the whole class period. I tapped him on the shoulder. He glanced up glaring at me. I returned with a smile, and gestured for him to take off his headphones. He does so, whilst rolling his eyes. "What?" He asked with a slight accent, Italian? "I was in the middle of something, couldn't you see?" Yep definitely Italian.

"So you've been in the middle of something for the past hour and a half?" Will asked, at this he saw the boy have a hint of surprise in his face, but he quickly hid it which the same glare, having Will question if he even saw it.

"Yeah, I write a lot." He said sounding bored. "And I don't care about math."

"That's cool that you like to write, I really enjoy drawing." Will said smiling. The only thing he got in return was a glower from mystery boy. Will just pretended not to see it. "By the way," Will continued, "I haven't caught your name yet. I'm Will." Mystery boy just stared at him with a blank look. The bell rang, and as soon as it did, he picked up his new supplies, hastily put on his backpack, and bolted out the door.

Well that was strange. Will thought.

*Nico*

So much for minimal communication. Nico thought on his way to his chemistry class His face felt hot with a blush. Hopefully Will didn't see it. Nico didn't realize he had spent the whole class writing, not that he cared about math at all be disappointed he missed it. He wanted that happy feeling he had when he wrote. When Will had tapped Nico on the shoulder, Nico's first thought was, guard up, for he didn't like talking to people at all, so he tried to stay as reserved as possible so they wouldn't want to him.

When Nico looked up the only thing that was in his mind was, dam, but he had to cover it with a glare. must, not, show, emotion, He had thought. It was hard not to stare though, for Will was hawt. He sported an outfit of sandals, khaki shorts and an orange t-shirt. He had a California tan and wavy golden hair that looked like it was made out of sunshine. Freckles splashed across his nose, and he had bright sky blue eyes. and his smile was the best part. It pulled everything together, having Nico feel as if Will was the exact reflection of how he felt when he was listening to music or drawing, and Nico already knew that he needed more happiness in his life. He was tired of all of the negativity. He needed Will.