Chapter 10

"Aura-san!!"

"No! Nee-chan!!" Anna shouted in panic and fear as she looked at the Titans approaching her injured sister. She could not do anything. It was too late.

Even if Aura was ready to be caught by the Titan, the grab never came. As she looked up, the two Titans that were approaching her had already been killed by someone at lightning speed. Only one person could do it this fast.

"... You are late..." Aura said in relief while her tears flowed without her wanting it. Seeing him safe and uninjured released all the tension she had been holding back.

Levi landed and kneeled beside her, "You idiot... I told you to wait for me, didn't I?" He said angrily as he saw her wounds and turned to the others, "Oi brats, what the heck happened here?"

"Explanation can wait. Let's bring them back to the Wall first." Rico said as she helped Armin carried Eren, "It is not safe here."

"Nee-chan!"

"Aura-san!"

It was Anna, Armin and Mikasa. Their faces showed worry. Aura quickly wiped off her tears, "I am fine..."

"There is no way you are fine! You look so pale... The painkiller effect is gone, right?" Anna said, "Stop acting tough..."

Aura simply patted Anna but immediately flinched when sudden pain hit her again.

"Aura! Are you okay?!" It was Ellie and Gale. They had just crossed over the Wall as the gate was blocked.

"I'm fine... Don't worry." Aura answered weakly.

"Ellie, get Terry and your squad to clear the area and evacuate whoever in still in the city." Levi ordered, "Gale, inform Erwin of the situation and send the others in."

"Yes, sir!" They obeyed, "What about Aura?" Ellie asked.

"I will bring her to the Wall. Get your asses moving." He replied.

"Y-Yes!" Ellie and Gale went off immediately.

Levi easily supported Aura with an arm, holding her around her waist gently; to ensure she could stand, "Hold onto me."

Aura quietly obeyed and put her arms around his neck when she saw his dark, angry face. It has been a while since she saw him this angry. She rather not made it worse than this. They did not realise it but everyone else was practically staring at the two of them for being so intimate.

Levi shot the grappling hook and immediately flew off with Aura at his side, clinging onto him so that she didn't fall. The destruction was pretty bad, now that they took a good look at it. The bunch of Titans were drawn to the corner by the Garrison were still being killed. Houses destroyed. Fire erupted at several places. Corpses of citizens and soldiers everywhere, be it in one piece or not. It was hell.

"... Thanks for saving me again, Levi." Aura said to him, "I thought that was the end of me."

"You told me not to be reckless? I throw that shit right back at you." He scowled, "You stubborn, idiotic woman." He added angrily.

"Sorry... But I can't just stay quiet inside the Wall. You know me." Aura added in defence but didn't say anything further when she saw Levi glared at her for not admitting it.

He sighed, "... Stop doing things that will make me worry..." He said softly.

"Eh?"

"Captain Levi!" It was Erd and the others from his Special Operations Squad.

"Slow." He told his team, "Erd, Gunther and Auruo, assist Terry's Squad in clearing the area. Petra, go with these lots to the Wall and help the injured."