Chapter 21

"Levi!" Hanji called as she slammed the door open, "What do you mean Aura is gone?!"

The situation in the room was grim. The recruits were all quiet. Some were standing and some were sitting, but they were surrounding the Captain, who looked like he could kill anyone soon.

"... Seriously, what happened here... Where could she have gone to at this timing??" Hanji shook her head, "She left without telling anyone?"

"She won't leave without telling me." Levi said, "There must be something behind this..."

"Okay, tell me in details. I want to know why you are so sure she did not leave on her own accord." Hanji added.

Eren slowly told Hanji what happened from when they went to help the others unloading the food supplies till when they were gone to the kitchen, leaving the two in the living room.

"So what happened between you two? Did you quarrel?" Hanji asked, earning a glare from Levi, "Well... Just asking." She added.

"No, we didn't... Everything was just as per normal." Levi replied curtly.

"Then? Do you notice anything different?" Hanji asked further.

"... Nothing." Levi answered, "There was nothing out of place... Except when I woke up, she was gone."

"You are 100% sure she did not leave on her own accord?"

Levi simply nodded. He didn't have any doubt about it. Hanji could only sighed and asked further, "Just think then... There must be some clues that we could use."

"... When I woke up, my head felt heavy. Like I have been drugged to sleep." Levi said. His face showed that he still felt the headache as he spoke.

"Then... Either she drugged you and left..." Hanji said, earning another glare from Levi, which she defended by saying, "Just a theory... Or both of you were drugged and she was taken away. Still, tell me one thing, why are you so sure?"

"She told me... She will be by my side when I woke up." Levi said.

There was silence. Everyone knew how much they loved each other. There was no way Aura would betray the Legion either. So where had she gone to? Even her beloved horse, Argent, was still tied at the stable, looking miserable as its master was gone. They were in the middle of nowhere and she could not have left on foot. It will take days before she could reach the Wall or any nearby villages. There was no missing horse or wagon either. Indeed, everything pointed to her being kidnapped. But who? Who would do that and how did they even know this location?

Levi had an idea of who would do that but first, he need to ensure Aura was safe. He could not stay still without ensuring that. Suddenly, they heard something that made Levi shot up from his seat and went out of the house.

Meanwhile, Aura woke up with a bad headache and she felt no strength whatsoever. In addition to all that, her hands and legs were tied up. She could not move and could only lie down uncomfortably in this moving covered wagon.

"Where the hell am I?" She cursed.

"... You are awake." Aura knew this voice since she was young and she would not mistake it for someone else even if she could not see who that was in this dimly lit wagon.

"Damn it, El. What is the meaning of this?" She asked immediately, "Give me a good reason so that I don't beat you up the moment I get these restraints off."

"They have my brother." She said regrettably while gesturing that they should speak softly, not to alert the one driving the wagon.

Her one and only family that survived the Shiganshina's attack. Aura heaved a sigh and said, "... I guess its a valid reason."