Chapter 19

"There isn't even any warning bell from Trost! Are you sure it’s the Titans?!" Ellie asked Mike again for the third time since they sensed the danger approaching.

He just nodded and continued using his sense of smell to get the distance away from the approaching Titans, "We have little time."

"It couldn't be wrong..." Aura mumbled, "Because I can hear it even clearer now..." She said as she stood at the watch tower. The footsteps were as clear as if the Titans were just a few hundred meters away from her, even though they were not even in her sight yet. Adding on to Mike's sense of smell and Sasha's wild sense, it must be true. They can think of the cause of breach later. What they must do now is to get everyone safely out of Wall Rose.

"Come on, El. We have got to work." Aura said.

Gritting her teeth, Ellie got herself together, "Touma, go to Wall Sina immediately and inform the Commanders of the breach." She ordered. The guy immediately left on his horse back to Wall Sina at top speed. It would still take a few hours to reach.

"Aura, I am leaving you in charge. I am going to stop them here before they could advance further." Mike suddenly said.

"... Don't die, Mike." Aura said and turned back, "Three of you, stay here with Mike. The rest, come with me."  She ordered.

Ellie and the others followed her down the watch tower and towards the hall where the recruits were. When she came in, everyone's heads turned towards her.

Sasha was the first one who asked, "It is the Titans!! They are coming!!"

"... What Sasha said is true. The titans are coming. Wall Rose is breached." Aura said as most of the recruits started panicking and crying.

"Calm down!" She raised her voice, "Right now it’s not the time to panic. I need your help."

Everyone was still in fear but it was quiet enough for her to continue her sentences, "We are the only ones who know about this now. I need you to divide into 4 squads, head towards the 4 major districts to warn them and evacuate everyone from the villages on the way."

As shaken as they were, they listened to her orders. In a short moment, they were ready to head out.

"Ugh..." Aura staggered as her head was hit with pain again.

Ellie managed to hold her steady, "Oi, oi, are you okay?"

"... Yeah." The pain was not as bad as before. She just need to stop using her eyes for a few moment till the pain was gone.

Ellie sighed heavily, "... Go back to Wall Sina. Let us handle this. You are definitely not okay yet."

But Aura ignored her. She slowly opened her eyes as the pain was gone. It was still the same blurry sight as earlier. It somehow made her relieved that it was not darkness once again. She then spotted a group who has yet to divide themselves into squad. The group seemed to be debating between themselves.

"... Reiner, right?" Aura called towards them. The group consisted of the trio's friends, "Why is your group not in any of the squads?"

"No, actually we-" He started but Connie immediately said in his trembled voice, "They came from the direction where my village is! I need to make sure they are okay!" He said in worry as most likely the village he was born at along with the people were gone. But Aura understood the feeling of wanting to confirm the death of your loved ones.

"I understand." Aura said, "But I can't let you act independently. I assume not all of you are going to the same direction?" She asked.

"... Sorry, Connie, I am going North. I need to check on my village too." Sasha said.