Erza x Strawberry Cake | Love of Cake

Start from the beginning

"The bakery's out of cakes!!" Gray yelled, clearly panicking.

"You'll have to make another one then" [Name] said, smiling innocently.

"I can't cook! Do we even have enough time?!" Natsu asked, glancing nervously towards the door.

"You know, I have the recipe" [Name] pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket, showing it between two fingers. She leaned against the bar.

"Luce, you can cook can't you?!" Natsu asked, turning around.

"It's bake" [Name] muttered under her breath, watching their interaction in amusement. The evident fear in their expressions were priceless.

"Yeah... sort of... But why would I help you?! You got yourself in this mess, I don't want to die today!!" Lucy glared at them.

"But we're teammates!! Help us please?" Natsu begged, causing Lucy to sigh.

"No breaking into my apartment after this" she made a compromise.

"Promise!" Natsu and Happy said while [Name] handed Gray the sheet of paper.

"Oh and the strawberries are really important, I heard the baker only gets them a couple of times a month" [Name] spoke up, twirling her hair with one hand and the other showing another piece of paper. "You get them from here, these are the only ones Erza likes"

"Wait, what if she comes back when we're still preparing it?" Lucy asked, realising the issue.

"One of you will have to distract her then" [Name] simply answered.

"You're Erza's best friend! Can't you distract her?" Gray asked, frantically looking at the door.

"If I'm caught helping you then I'll be dead as well. Don't know about you, but I'm too young to die" [Name] grinned, making up an excuse. "Besides, it's your fault anyways. Better hurry up, takes a while to cool down as well. You can't use your magic, Erza'll be able to tell that the taste is weird"

They all shared a glance, before Gray pushed Natsu to the floor and bolted out the door to get the strawberries. Lucy went to get the ingredients to start the cake.

A little while later, Erza walked into the guild before Natsu could chase after Gray. His whole face turned white with fear.

"Erza! F-Fight me!" He said, trying to distract her the only way he knew how.

"Get away Natsu, I need to finish my cake" Erza shoved him aside, moving to the bar.

Natsu continued to drag Erza back near the front of the guild, while [Name] watched, amused.

As she watched Natsu's attempts, which were still going strong despite the threats Erza made, she began a mental count to when Natsu would be thrown out of the guild.

5...

"Natsu! Get out of the way!" Erza demanded, a sword appearing in her hands.

4...

"B-But let's go on a job! I found an g-good one!" Natsu tried, not seeing the sword.

3...

"That can wait until after I finish my cake!" Erza gripped the sword tighter.

2...

"N-No it can't! H-Happy's in danger!" Natsu said, desperate now.

1...

"After I finish my strawberry cake!" Erza yelled as the whole guild watched. Natsu was sent flying away through the ceiling of the guild.

[Name] whistled, looking at the hole in the ceiling, where Natsu flew through.

"Wow, so he really can fly without Happy" she commented.

"Mira, where's my cake?" Erza asked the white haired girl.

"Just a second!" Mira said as she went to the back to retrieve something for the Master.

"I got it!!" A voice called and something flew into the guild at max speed.

It was Happy, carrying what looked to be a strawberry cake. Lucy and Gray followed after, panting at the doors of the guild. Natsu joined them as well.

Happy attempted to place the finished cake on the table in front of Erza.

Attempted.

But because Happy was flying so fast and because momentum doesn't work like that, the cake was sent skidding off the table.

Erza turned around just after the cake smashed to the ground. She didn't witness the horror that just occurred.

Lucy, Natsu and Gray's faces morphed into one of shock while [Name] laughed, tears in her eyes.

Before Erza could register what happened, [Name] made the strawberry shortcake appear before the redhead with a snap of her fingers.

"The guild was getting quite rough, so I thought to keep it safe for you" [Name] told Erza casually. Smiling.

"Excellent job [Name]" Erza nodded in approval at her choice of a best friend before picking the whole cake up and moving to an unoccupied table.

Natsu, Lucy and Gray could only stare, still not registering what just happened.

Before they could understand that she just tricked them, [Name] teleported away, still laughing at the situation.

An ordinary day turned into an amusing one in a second.

And it was all because of Erza's love of cake.

~~~ End ~~~