Various x Reader | A Royal Request

Start from the beginning

"Your beauty cannot be described by words alone"

"Let me take you out on a date, not that I like you or anything"

"Have you ever wanted a little brother?"

[Name] didn't say anything about their flirting antics, continuing to walk towards the stable.

Four Dragon Slayers, two Ice Mages, a Snow Mage, an Aerial Mage, an Archive Mage and a Heavenly Body Mage.

She counted off, hand brushing against her own sword which was certainly not an ordinary sword.

She walked in the castle's stables, which were filled to the brim with horses.

"These horses were all trained to return once they hear a whistle, so chose anyone" [Name] told them, taking the reigns of a horse which she chose every time she was sent out.

She looked back to the ten boys, who were all on their own respective horses.

"Follow me, it's not too far from the castle. You do all know how to ride don't you?"

"Of course"

"Why wouldn't we?"

"It's simple enough"

"As long as it's not a train"

"We'll learn"

Different responses came to the knight, who nodded, starting to ride out.

"Follow me then" her horse broke into a sprint and the ten followed behind her. "There's actually been a dark guild sighted close to the magical source. I didn't dare inform His Majesty in the worst case scenario that he would be even more worried"

"So what you're saying is that there's a dark guild at the energy source already?" Gray asked. [Name] nodded.

"Which is why we must hurry. The barrier we cast won't last for long"

"You must use magic right? What magic do you use?" Lyon asked.

"That's not something that is important to this matter. Anyways, back to the topic." [Name] answered. "We have to spilt into different teams. I'll tell you the roles now, please listen closely"

Her voice was serious and sincere, no longer smiling like she previously was. The cheerfulness was most likely an act to ensure that the King would not worry too much.

"The source is underground, I'll need Ren to lift it above ground when we find, where Natsu, Erik, Jellal, Sting and Rogue will destroy it. Lyon, Gray, Eve will hold off the dark guild. Hibiki, you'll keep all of us informed and updated on the status of the energy source and dark guild. And, there is a possibility that monsters may lurk in the forest that is much more powerful thanks to the energy source. So please, be careful" [Name] said. "Please. We cannot fail, we must succeed"

"Hey, don't look so down, we'll beat the thing for sure!" Natsu rode up beside her, a grin on his face.

"Hell yeah, you can count on us" Sting followed, smiling.

~~~ Natsu's Ending ~~~

[Name] ended up with Natsu as they wandered the forest, searching for the source on foot.

[Name] stayed on guard, answering all the random questions Natsu asked her efficiently.

"Don't you ever get bored?"

"Bored of what?"

"Stuck in a castle all day to guard the King"

"No. Never, I owe my life to the royal family and I will continue to serve them until the day I die" [Name] answered.