Spark 2: Fate

"Please come again!" I said as the customer walked away. I sighed as I looked up to the sky. Today was such a busy day. I managed to make some profit, but I'm going to have to use most of the money to order new supplies for the store. Who knew that running a shop could be so hard? But I guess it's like that since I'm doing it all by myself.

I decided to close the store a bit, just to go out and take a walk. The Capital of Ionia was busy as usual with people passing here and there, kids running and playing about and the greeting and 'Thank you's from the shop owners and customers.

Looking down while I walked, I thought about the village that burnt before me. I had so much hatred that built up inside of me. I hated that I couldn't help a single soul. Not even one. Screams from all around me pierced the night as I stood there in the flames. I was deep in my thoughts until I bumped into someone. Returning to reality, I quickly said to him, "I-I'm so sorry! I should've been concentrating! Ah, I mean looking!"

"Hahaha, it's okay. I should've been the one to notice you. By the way, you look down. Are you okay?" The man asked. I could tell that my cheeks were becoming more red as each moment went by. I carefully studied him and saw that he had long hair that was tied back into a ponytail. He was wearing a pale blue scarf-like cape which was short and had a huge shoulder guard made of steel on his left shoulder. He had blue, genie-like pants and there was a huge rope tied to his waist. I also recognised him carrying a long sword and he also had armguards on both arms.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking." I replied, trying my best to smile. I continued to walk, and I kept my head down. I only took a step until the man grabbed my wrist.

"I know that's not a genuine smile." He stated. I stared at him for a moment, looking for any signs showing that he was toying with me. But, I couldn't find anything and in that moment of silence, I realised that I had to get back to the store.

"I have to go now." I said in an abrupt manner. I walked as fast as my legs could take me back to the store. I opened it again and soon customers came in to look and buy the supplies. Although for the rest of the day, I couldn't get that man out of my head and the worst thing just happened.

Jingle. Jingle.

The little bells that were hung above the door chimed showing that a customer either came in or left. It was that man again.

"Oh, hello there again. I didn't know you ran this store." He greeted and waved. "I'm Yasuo by the way. What's your name?"

"Ahri." I replied as I watched him browse around the store, looking at what it had to offer.

"Nice name you have there." Yasuo complimented as he picked up a rope and examined it. He then took a water flask and a backpack before bringing them to the counter.

As I scanned the items, I asked him, "So, what brings you here to the Capital of Ionia?"

"I'm looking for someone." Yasuo stated. "I'm sorry but the identity of that person is a secret."

"Is it someone special?" I asked curiously.

"Haven't you heard that curiosity killed the cat?" Yasuo joked, while I glared at him. "Just kidding, it's someone that I despise."

"I'm a fox, not a cat." I pointed out, as I handed him his items. He headed out towards the door while I blew him a kiss."Well, goodbye."

"Goodbye." He said with a chuckle and left.

You see that? He didn't fall for my charm. Men always fall for my charm though. This Yasuo...He's one of a kind..

Knowing that he didn't fall for my charm makes me want to know more about him..