"So, how did you survive? Where did you live?" He seems suspicious, he can most defintiely tell I'm hiding something.

"I don't know where I lived. I never went outside." I hesitate before I continue to speak.

"The place you found me is the only other place I know. Before that, a man had me locked in a room. He sold me to that other man." I can see his face harden and he isn't even trying to hide his anger. Had I said something wrong? Of course I had. He is probably disgusted by me and is regretting saving me and letting me in here. He thinks I'm filthy.  Father always told me I was and even if he is evil he didn't lie.

"So, I think that means you have nowhere to go." His face is back to being emotionless. He's going to kick me out. I know. The only response I manage to give is shaking my head. He pauses and seems to be thinking before he finally speaks again.

"The only solutions are for you to stay or for you to leave and try to survive on your own. From what you've told me I doubt you would want to face the world alone. So, Amber...would you like to stay here?" I widen my eyes in surprise, I thought he would want me as far away as possible. But now I start to worry, what am I supposed to do? He's right, I don't have anywhere else to go. I haven't been outside for so long. I wouldn't know how to survive. If I stay, I'll be ok. But, then again how safe am I really? I don't know these people. What if they're trying to trick me? Or what if I do something wrong and they punish me too? On the other side, if I leave I risk him finding me again. I can't decide what to do. I feel a little lightheaded as it becomes harder to breathe.

"Amber! Calm down." I feel a pair of hands grab my arms from across the desk. I immediately pull them away from whoever touched me. I snap out of my panicked thoughts and notice it was just Alessandro.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to do that." Great, now he's going to kick me out for sure. He shakes his head at my response.

"It's ok, I startled you. I shouldn't have done that but you were very nervous. You were starting to hyperventilate and you weren't listening to me. You didn't respond." I swear I see a spark of worry in his chocolate eyes.

"Sorry." I look down at my hands as I fiddle nervously with them on my lap.

"No." His voice is firm but I know he isn't scolding me.

"Look at me." I obey.

"Don't apologize Amber. After what you've gone through, your reaction is normal. I can see you don't trust me. I saw you having a mental debate about your decision. You don't need to trust me, or anyone else for that matter. But Amber think about this, if I wanted to hurt you I could have done it from the beginning, if I were a completely awful man I wouldn't risk my men's lives to go help others. I won't hurt you Amber, I promise." He emphasizes the final word and with one look at his gaze I see the determination inside of him. My heart skips a beat and for some reason it tells me to believe this man completely.

"You know as well as I do that the safest choice is staying here." I nod. He's right, I know he is. I still have doubts but I know that I definitely don't want to go back. Since yesterday I have felt some freedom and a slight calm I had never felt before. I'm not sure I should completely trust him but it's better than being alone and for some reason I feel safe with him.

"I want to stay here, if I can." I swear I can see a small smile try to form on his face because his mouth is twitching subtly but he quickly straightens his face and clears his throat. He claps his hands together once before speaking.