29 | Loose Ends

Lyric's POV:

Another false giggle.Another hoarse groan that made me cringe.Another threat.

The 'questioning of Celeste' had been going on for almost an hour.The same process over and over,yet she still hadn't said anything.Gave no answers.It wasn't until Davina announced that Celeste was stuck in Sabine's body once and for all that she began to look afraid.And just like that,the accustomed cycle was broken.

''Okay,okay!'' She demanded. ''Stop! I'll tell you what I know,but first you have to promise me something Elijah! I need your word!''

Now,I finally had the guts to face Celeste and Elijah.

''What could you possibly ask of me?'' Elijah asked her,voice as close to a sneer as I'd ever heard it.

She panted out,trying to regain herself,''If I tell you everything I know,you can't kill me! I'll leave New Orleans,and I'll never come near your family again.''

I can't help but notice the difference.How some people act when they can't be hurt versus how they act when their powerless.Weeks ago,she waltzed in.She couldn't be hurt.She had an army,she had power,and she had a secret weapon up her sleeve.She was quick with threats.Flash forward to now,the present.She's lost all of it.And after that,now she can be hurt.She could be killed.She has the Original family as enemies.She was going to hurt them,but now she asks for forgiveness almost.For mercy.I've always found that so peculiar.Everyone is so wreckless,until they have a weakness.

I'd like to think that I would give mercy.If I was in control of the situation.Like now,no matter that fact that I know in my heart Celeste would kill me for her own survival most likely.Still,I'd let her live.I don't know about Elijah's thoughts though.Part of me assumes that he will.Part of me screams how could he possibly.How does anyone? I believe people call this a ''Self-Crisis''.Yes,that's what I'm having.While Celeste has been going through her physically torturous questioning,I've been having an internal one.About myself.About the person I am.About the people around me.About whether or not I was a monster.

I had no answers.I was confused about everything,truthfully.I feared staying here,about the person I might keep becoming.The monster.Yet,I was even more scared to go home.To face everyone I used to know.The life I used to know after everything.My mind raced,but couldn't decide which was worse.Maybe both.I was tired of being the naive and childish Lyric that arrived here,but I still wanted to cling to that person.Because who am I now? I haven't grew up,not by much.Still,I felt the choice was:be a 17-year-old girl,or to be an adult.Not an adult,but the monster.The one whose always numb,the one who would choose no mercy for their enemies.Soft or hard? Warm-hearted or cold-hearted? Who was I? 

Maybe it was because I was young--that I am young.That everything crumbling around me just felt so heavy.Like it would never get better.That I would never get better.Going home would fix nothing.But staying could only make me worse.

Usually in a time like this,I would turn to Klaus.I felt unsure.I wanted to give him his space.I was scared of facing him,too.I didn't want him to lash out at me.That's why I felt it was best to avoid the subject of Marcel,no matter what.Not that I wanted to talk about it.He hadn't spoken to me since before we fought against them.The house has been quiet in general though.Deep down,I had the bad feeling--similar to the one I had just two nights ago--that him lashing out and hating me was just bound to happen the second we make eye contact.

I never heard Elijah's answer,because when I zoned back in from the realms of my wandering mind,Celeste was already talking,''I lied.I didn't bring Lyric here.She's a Commutavi,Elijah.''

''No.That's impossible'',Elijah sounded bewildered,''They haven't existed since some time before World War 2.''

''You had to have seen the signs.She's meant to be here,and I have no way to send her home.I'm sorry.'' 

I was the only one who had no clue what was happening,''What's a communy-thingy?'' No one answered. ''Elijah?'' I pressed.

''A Commutavi.Very old,and very extinct.I'd heard about them.A lot of magic went into their creation.They are brought from different places to change things in history,or alter them.Some say they're warriors of Fate.The magic is very old,I don't know much of it,I'm sorry'',Elijah explained to me,what he could.A warrior of Fate? ''I'd assume you were brought to alter the outcome of this fight.Considering you brought it to light before we even knew about it.''

Celeste quipped with a small smirk,''Who knows? Maybe the girl was brought for the Fate of your brother.Given powers so she could at least have a chance to fight back when he eventually turns on her.Then again,maybe she'll be his humanity.Lord,and apparently the oldy witches,knows he needs it.''

''No pressure there'',I mumbled sarcastically,not believing the words coming from her mouth.And weirded out by Elijah's.A Commutavi.Changing outcomes to historical events.Brought by some ancient people.Extreme magic.

Celeste moved on,''So,about our deal?'' There was a hint of nervousness on her voice;a waver.

It happened in a second.Celeste's neck was snapped.Elijah looked back at me.At my widened eyes,my gasp of shock,and my accusing glint,''I'm sorry,Lyric,but she would've been a threat eventually.To not just my siblings,but to you.To the baby someday after she's born.As hard as it seems,she was a loose end."

I just nod.I couldn't do anything else.Then,I just walked away.

Despite my warnings,and myself--I found myself knocking on Klaus' door.There was no answer,so I opened the door anyway.As soon as I entered, I was brought with the sight of Klaus.He was standing there by the window, staring out blankly.I didn't know what to say.I closed the door, but stayed close to it.

"Celeste is dead", I attempted to break this God awful silence.I waited, but he didn't say anything. So, I continue on,"She didn't know how to send me home.She said I was a Commutavi." Still not a single word.Under my breath, I muttered,"Whatever the hell...that meant..." A long silent pause. I was treading on steep grounds, but that didn't stop me. I cleared my throat,"Silent treatment is...okay, I guess."

"Go away."

I was taken back by his words.It hurt, to say the least.My stomach twinged, and I felt like I was about to be sick.This was what I had been afraid of.I begib in a quiet voice,"Klaus,you don't have to be alone right now.'' I just wanted him to know that.I was going to turn, and leave him to grieve, until my worst fears happened.His harsh tone stopped me.

''Have you ever thought that I want to be alone? I don't need you.I've grown quite bored of you-''

I interjected, not bearing to hear him keep going.I couldn't hear it,"Klaus,stop it,you're just hurt over Marce-'' Stupid! Through the panic, it was an accident. The little patch of steady ground I had been standing on suddenly caved through when I accidentally mentioned his name.

''Don't say his name!'' He bellowed.

''I'm sorry.'' It was all I could say, as I cowered back at the door, hand frantically searching for the door knob.I knew I needed out of there.More was going to be said.It's like in a scary movie, however, when you want to look away because you don't want to see the psycho murderer killing a victim. But you look anyway.Because you need to see what happens.See the horror for your own eyes.That's why I stayed, that's why I heard what came next.

''So am I.I'm sorry that you actually believed for two seconds that I could actually fall for a pathetic little human.Maybe there was a time when I wanted you,but it's come and went.Sorry to break it to you,sweetheart,but you were right when you said you'd never be like Jennifer.At least she understands that just because I shot you a little attention,doesn't mean we're soulmates.''

I felt horrible.I didn't want to believe it, but how could I not? I felt embarrassed; I felt oh so stupid.For getting in volved with any of this.I felt hate and anger.For being a damn Commutavi.For being brought here for a stupid freaking war of Supernatural. At Klaus.The heat rose throughtout my veins, like the time with Mikael. Before I was even trying to contain my anger, or rush out, I throw a fire ball aimed right at his damn smirking face,shouting,''Go to hell.''

He ducks out of the way at an inhuman speed, informing me,''I've already been,love.'' I only catch it right as I'm slamming his door.

I walk down the hall, into Kol and Lola's room.I knock lightly on the door.The door opens to reveal a pink and puffy faced brunette witch, who I know who has been through some hell.I don't cry, the anger still there.I take a deep breath, steadying my heart beat that was ringing in my ears,"Could I...stay in here? For a night or two?"