-First Day-

"Dadddd do I have to go?"

"Yes Mia, I promise it'll be fine ok?" I roll my eyes and head out towards the bus "Have a wonderful day"

"Love you!"

Well, here it goes my first day of senior year, at a new school. Woo, hint the sarcasm. I put my earbuds in and wait at my bus stop for my big yellow ride to get here.

••

While walking off the bus and into school, I felt nervous and tired I don't want to be here. I mean yeah it's senior year but it's a new school, that means new people. I don't do well with new people. I walk into the office getting my schedule and locker number.

"Hello, I'm here to get my schedule. I'm Mia" I smile

"Hello Mia," the lady at the desk says. "Here's your schedule," she says handing it to me while someone walks by. "Oh, Charlie! Will you help Mia around today she's new."

"Sure" he smiles

Nice smile. I thought to myself. If I said he wasn't cute I'd be lying to myself. He's a good looking boy. Good start to the day and new school. Too bad he probably has a girlfriend. I frown to myself and face this new character, Charlie.

"Why the long face?" He asks as were walking out if the office.

"Oh nothing" I smile and he shakes it off.

"So what's your first class?"

"Um ap biology" I reply

"Ew, why?" He laughs lightly trying to make a joke and I giggle.

"Um because I like biology?"

He smiles in reply "So where's your locker?"

"It's number 634"

"Ohhh you've managed to get a senior locker, nice."

"What's a senior locker?" I look at him confused

"So we have a locker bay where all the lockers are but on the other side of the school there are separate lockers for the seniors, it's just we don't have that many and our class this year is quite big."

"Oh, nice. Where's your locker?" I ask as we're looking at the locker numbers.

"604"

"We're exactly 30 lockers aways how funny," I say finding mine and putting the combination in.

"I'm surprised there not next to each other. Cheesy things like that happen constantly." He laughs

I laugh back "This is true" I put everything in my locker closing it with my notebooks and folders in hand. "Are we going to your locker?" I ask but as soon as I do the bell rings. "Oh shoot I'm going to be late. I don't even know where to go." I look around frantically. Charlie lightly grabs my wrist.

"It's okay" he giggles "I'm bringing you around today, you'll be okay." He looks in my eyes and I relax. Man is his eyes beautiful. A green hazel look, I love it.

"But what about your classes?" I ask while we walk to his locker.

"Eh, it's okay. It's just the first day, they don't account for tardies today."

"Okay" I laugh nervously as he opens his locker and shoves his bag in. Then the second bell rings.

"Well it's official, I'm late."

"Come on let's get you to class." He smiles softly at me.

"Okay"

•••