Forever and Always - Part 15

We begin running into the woods where we think we heard the explosion, as we run, the arena gets darker and darker in a matter of seconds. And with the darkness came the fallen tributes ceremony across the sky, we must be nearing the end. We stop running and pay our respects to the fallen. A fox-looking red-headed girl, Rue, and Katniss. This means Glimmer and Marvel are still alive, and we are the final four.

Cato and I share a look, knowing what this means. I give him a tiny nod, acknowledging what we have to do.

"Cato!" A voice called from the distance, it was Marvel's. We slowly start approaching the area his voice came from until we spot him and Glimmer resting against a tree. They are burned up, black ash covers their faces and their clothing is all ripped up.

"What happened?" I ask.

"We were looking for water when the trees just caught fire, flying fireballs and everything," Marvel explains, looking out of breath. "Are we the only ones left?" I nod. We all share a look in silence. We all know what happens now. Cato cleats his throat.

"Marvel, can I talk to you for a sec?" He asks, gesturing away with his thumb. Marvel nods and Cato's helps him to his feet before walking off.

"Look, I don't want to kill you, but only one comes out alive. We need to find away for there to be four victors." Cato whispers to him.

"We'll find a way." Marvel whispers back.