Forever and Always - Part 8

Cato's P.O.V

That night, I make my down to Clove's bedroom to say goodnight, the door was slightly ajar so I decide to peek in before knocking. She is lying on her bed, looking out of the window. 

"Hey Clove." I whisper.

"Hey, come in." She scoots over to one side of the bed and pats the empty side. I walk in and gently crawl onto the bed, being careful not to shake it too much. I lay down beside her and we both stare at the ceiling.

"Do you think we have a chance of winning?" She asks, turning her head to look at me.

"Well, yeah, of course we do."

"How do you know that?" She asks as I turn to look at her.

"Because we're both strong, smart, and very good looking." I joke, attempting to make this dark subject a little more lighthearted. She laughs with me. Of course I know that only one of us will come out of this alive, but I know exactly who it'll be. It won't be me, it will be Clove.

"Do you mind staying here tonight? Just like old times, like a sleepover." She asks, taking me by surprise.

"Yeah, of course, I'll take the floor." I answer as I'm getting out of bed, but she stops me.

"No, it's okay, I don't mind." She smiles. Okay then, I'm not complaining.