Forever and Always - Part 13

Glimmer throws together a few sleeping bags scattered across the inside of the cornucopia, Cato claims two beside each other and has me lay down next to him.

"I almost died, twice." I say, my voice still hoarse.

"I almost lost you, twice." Cato says, breaking a smile. "I wish there were stars, real stars, not these fake ones." He adds.

"Why?" I ask.

"So I could kiss you under a starry sky." He smirks. I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. We both look at each other and he begins leaning in towards me, his eyes on my lips. I close my eyes and let his soft lips find their place on mine, like they are coming home.

"Would ya' take a look at those two." Glimmer breaks the silence. I pull away from our intimate moment and Cato shoots a glare at her.

"What?" She snaps. Cato sighs, changing the subject to avoid giving her the attention she so desperately craves.

"We better get some sleep, tomorrow will be another day where we have to fight for our lives, better be rested up for it." Cato slips his arm under my head, creating a pillow for it. When he isn't flexing, his muscles are actually pretty comfortable, don't get me wrong, still rock hard but more comfortable than it looks.

-

Before I knew it, I was suddenly woken by the sound of cannons. When I opened my eyes, Cato was already up to his feet, looking frantic.

"Where's Glimmer and Marvel?"