I froze as Harry's hand left the bed and slowly raised up until his fingers gripped my jaw tenderly, my eyes were wide as I stared at Harry's angry eyes. His thumb gently smoothed across my cheek wiping away the tear and causing a blush to bloom in its place. The air was tense and suddenly I realised how close we were. Somehow during our talk Harry had ended up sat right beside me on the edge of the bed.

"I won't let him come near you again Clover, I swear to you. If I ever  see that motherfucker, I won't let him get away with ever hurting you." Harry hissed through gritted teeth, his eyebrows drawn low over his eyes and his voice a few notches deeper than normal. I smiled softly and brought my hand up to wrap my fingers gently around his wrist where his hand was still cupping my jaw tighter than I think he realised.

"It's alright, but thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me." I said quietly, our voices mere murmurs in the still atmosphere of the darkened bedroom. I stared into his glistening green eyes which looked unreal in the dim lighting. He released a soft breath, his jaw unclenching finally as his eyes flickered down to my lips, his breath fanning across my lips making them tingle. I gulped nervously as my heart pounded in my chest, my stomach was filled with butterflies and excitement. I still couldn't understand why Harry made my insides turn to mush with a single look but whatever it was, I liked it. It made me feel alive and it was something I had never felt in my entire nineteen years of life, or well, now I guess twenty.

His hand that was cupping my face moved to cup the side of my neck as he angled my head closer until our lips met in a soft kiss, my heart felt like it exploded within my chest as we kissed softly, heat was shooting throughout my entire body and my breaths were becoming increasingly more rapid. My hand moved away from his wrist to shyly run over his broad shoulder which was corded with muscle making my breath catch in my throat. Harry sucked gently on my bottom lip like he always did before we parted making a unintentional whimper rise from my throat.

We pulled away slowly, both of us panting as I stared at Harry's glistening lips. Everything felt awakened within me and there was something about this kiss that was a little different . . .maybe the dark room, but the intensity was increased and it had left heat pooled in my stomach. We moved back, my hand leaving his shoulder as his hand left my face.

My cheeks heated as I stared at anything but Harry and then eventually buried my face into the top of my elephants head with a shy giggle. Peeking up I saw Harry smiling gently at me before he stood up to stretch. His muscles tensed and and flexed as he stretched them, his dark tattoos stretching across his smooth skin before he dropped his hands to glare at me.

"Get some sleep." He demanded nodding to the bed and increased his glare when I went to open my mouth to say something. Closing my mouth with a pout and a small smile I agreed and snuggled down into the bed only to be joined by Harry's large form a few minutes after.

"Thanks Harry." I murmured softly whilst he muttered something along the lines of 'curse the day I won that elephant' mixed with more curse words. I only sniggered and buried my face into my pillow.

***

Waking up I expected to find Harry still in bed but he was nowhere to be found, the bed was empty and so was the rest of the apartment it seemed. I frowned wondering where he could have gone so early in the morning before I shrugged it off and went to shower and change.

Only in the shower did I remember that it was my birthday. I was now twenty which was scary, I had just officially left my teens. I didn't feel any different than yesterday but  there we go.

Looking for an outfit I decided to dress up a little more than my usual sweater and skinny's.