17.

I woke up the next morning with a burning energy and a strong willed determination to somehow prove to Harry that I was no threat and all I wanted was for us to get along, maybe not as husband and wife, but at least as friends.

The previous night was not completely forgotten, as I still felt opaque touches gliding along my body in the places where Michael touched my body with his filthy hands, however it had led to the discovery of something new and better so it was bittersweet. It wasn't forgotten, but I was not about to dwell on it.

I woke up an hour earlier than normal for I had preparations to make for my plan of action, which actually started with having a nice shower. Once that was done I opened my wardrobe looking for something suitable to wear. Half of me just wanted to grab leggings and a thin sweater, however I wanted to make an effort, so instead I opted for high-waisted jeans, and a loose, black crop top which tied together at the front. I paired these two together so that there was no actual skin showing due to the high-waisted jeans, me never really having the confidence to show my stomach-- maybe if I had a nice, flat toned one, however sadly, that was not the case, it wasn't massive but it wasn't flat, so.

The weather was getting much warmer now as we headed into May, Spring blooming as much as it was possible in the dreary country.

Now that my hair was pretty much air dry, I had no idea what to do with it, so I just plaited two thick strands of hair on either side of my head and brought them around the back and pinned them together with brown Bobby pins. I applied some pink tinted lip balm and a coat of mascara before I rushed out into the kitchen to make a very important phone call which had to be made while Harry slept.

Heading into the kitchen I was met with a very excited pup who ran around me in circles, his high pitched barks echoing around as he wagged his tail violently. I chuckled bending down to scoop him up into my arms.

"Hello," I cooed scratching behind his ears and rubbing his head affectionately. He whined nuzzling closer making me smile softly.

So with Bonnie in my arms, I picked up the phone and dialled the number using the number left on the phone memory from the last time Bee called, whilst that was dialling I flicked the kettle on and leant against the counter just as Bee answered.

"Hello?" Her heavy accented voice spoke cheerfully into the line, I smiled slightly at her happy voice which immediately made my day a little brighter.

"Hii Bee," I replied warmly. "It's me, Clover."

A chuckle was heard on the other end.
"Ah Y' alright babes? What can I do for you, hm." She hummed and I smiled at how easy going and easy to talk to she was, it made my job much easier.

"How would you feel if I gave you the week off-- fully paid?" I asked nervously biting my nail between my teeth as I anticipated her answer.

"A week? Is everything okay?" She asked, concern now lining her voice as I imagined her caramel eyes clouding over with worry.

"No, no! Everything's fine, I just- Harry-," She cut me off which made me relived as I didn't want to explain my plan to her thinking she would find it stupid and would most probably find it a recipe for failure.

"That's absolutely fine, I'd love to have the week off! Who wouldn't?" She exclaimed heartily and burst into warm laughter which made me giggle a bit too. We talked a while more, me just asking about her son, whilst she asked about Harry here and there, before I told her I had to leave in order to prepare breakfast on time for Harry's wakefulness.

Setting Bonnie down and feeding him I got to work on preparing a breakfast for Harry. Something nice and hearty since he didn't get a good nights sleep last night and I know that is what I would want. Getting out two three separate pans, I tossed in a knob of butter into one and hastily grabbed two eggs out of the fridge whilst the butter heated and melted, hot butter meant the egg wouldn't stick to the pan, so I cracked three eggs into the pan flinching as they sizzled slightly. I left them on a low heat whilst I sprinkled three sausages with salt and pepper and began to do them in another pan, all the while trying to be quiet.