16

unedited forgive me children

I sniffled pitifully, my head hanging low as I gazed at the boring and worn carpet, my whole body was flushed with humiliation for what had happened but also fear as I knew it was all my own fault. I couldn't actually comprehend how stupid I had really been. I simply could not.

"Harry?" I Murmured, voice weak with a slight slur from the drugs in my drink that I had stupidly drank being the complete idiot that I am. He was stood over the crumpled man on the floor however I couldn't lie and say I felt any remorse for he deserved what he got, but I was unsure of what was going to happen now.

I heard him let out a grunt before he turned around and stalked over to me taking a seat on the bed beside me. I felt my body flush at the sudden close proximity as the air tingled around me.

"I've never met anyone more naive and stupid than you," He said, breaking the silence. His voice lined with annoyance and venom as he almost spat the words. I frowned feeling a pang of hurt even though I knew what he was saying was the complete truth. I sighed heavily not saying anything back to him as I laid my wrists in my lap staring solemnly at the dark bruises casting rings around their frame, frowning at how they throbbed alongside my heartbeat.

I always did bruise easily.

A grunt echoed around the room making me snap my head up to the man laying on the floor, I watched as he lifted a elbow and pushed it into the floor making a weak attempt to rise again. He'd clearly awoken. Harry muttered something colourful under his breath and I watched with my lips parted as he harshly swung his leg out to smack harshly into his side making him slump onto the floor unconscious again. I gulped at his casualness wiping away my tears as I took a deep breath knowing I needed to get myself back together.

"Come on." Harry muttered suddenly as he stood to his full height not casting me any further glances as he began heading for the bedroom door, but once he realised I hadn't moved he turned to give me a glare.

"Count yourself lucky I'm not leaving your sorry self here, not get a damn move on." He snapped making me jump as I rose to my feet and scampered after him disappointed that he was back to being his typical hateful self. I mean, I was definitly suprised that of all people the one to come to my rescue had been Harry, not that I'm complaining. Harry is better than someone else I don't know at all at this party.

I followed him through the crowded house barely keeping a eye on where he was going so I wouldn't lose him because I highly doubted he cared enough to actually look for me, or to even cast a glance to see whether I was even following him. I guess he was confident in his dominant self.

Eye roll.

I stumbled through the crowd, rudely pushing past people however my main goal was to keep a focus on Harry and get out of this damn house so I didn't have time for petty apologies for deaf ears.

*

He opened the front door and I followed behind him, feeling more and more exhausted with every step I took into the apartment. I sighed heavily locking the door before heading off into my bedroom to change out of my dress which I would most likely stuff into some corner to rid myself of any memories of the night. I grabbed some kickers and a bra heading into the bathroom to shower wanting to remove the invisible dirt from the party that I felt lingering along my body.

Once showered and feeling clean dressed in some comfy shorts and a large T-shirt with my thigh high socks as I felt slightly awkward with flashing my legs to Harry like this, I know there was nothing wrong with it but it felt weird, I headed into the living area.
I felt shaken to the core because of what had happened as I sat myself on the bar stool just in time for Harry to turn away from the counter with two teacups in his hands. My eyebrows shot up in surprise as he slid one over to me and kept one for himself before he headed out.