Chapter 22

I smiled as I saw light coming from the end of the tunnel. I heard Kathrine, Eliza and Frankie talking on the other side but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

'Hey, guys!' I said as I emerged from the tunnel. Kathrine and Frankie waved dismissively, obviously busy with something else while Eliza turned around and smiled.

'Hey! How was your talk with Ace?' Frankie asked, not looking up from her "drawing" and I shrugged.

'We're still good. I told her that she has one more chance though.' I explained and Eliza nodded.

'Well, we want to talk to you about something.' Kathrine said after a moment.

'Okay, what do you want to talk to me about?' I asked and sat next to Eliza.

'We need to leave soon. I know we just got here a few days ago but we can tell that we're not wanted here.' Kathrine said and pointed towards the cave.

'Well, where do you plan to go once you leave?' I asked and Frankie looked up quickly, her eyes twinkling with happiness.

'We're gonna go to an abandoned orphanage.' She replied and showed me her map.

'That's a long walk from here.' I pointed out.

'That's why we want to go there. They'll never get us if we get far away from where we hid last.' Frankie said, sounding proud of her plan.

'Well, I know someone who can get you there. The next time I go to town I'll talk to them. And get my glasses.' I said and Frankie smiled. She went back to adding detail to her map.

'Okay, well you'd better get yourself some glasses soon. Your eyes aren't getting any better.' Eliza said jokingly and I chuckled.

'Yeah, I'll get them later today. But for now I'm just going to relax.' I said lying down.

'No, you've been lazing about for all of the time we've been here. You are going to get your glasses now whether you like it or not.' Eliza said sternly and I groaned.

'If you don't go now we're gonna drag you to get your glasses.' Kat said and I got up slowly.

'Fine.' I said in defeat and started walking towards the exit of the camp. 'Now to get me some glasses.'

•••

I walked into the camp and saw Eliza, Kathrine and Frankie talking while Aaron trotted away from them.

'Guys! I have great news!' I called and trotted over to them.

'What?' Kathrine, Eliza and Frankie asked in unison.

'My friend can take you to your new hideout tomorrow.' I said and they all grinned.

'That's great!' Eliza exclaimed, still grinning. She quickly stopped though, 'N-n-not that we're leaving you. N-n-no that's n-not great.' She stuttered and I laughed.

'I know why you meant.' I said and she blushed, looking down at her feet.

'Okay, well, when can they come?' Kathrine asked after a few moments of silence.

'She said she'll come at dawn.'

'What time will that be?' Frankie asked looking at her watch.

'6:20 if I'm not mistaken.'

'Okay, the timer is set.' Frankie said and they all set timers.

'It has been triple set, now none of us can sleep in.' Eliza said and we laughed.

Yay! I'm almost done with the mashup and I'm super proud of how it has turned out. Anyways, guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did please remember to hit that vote button. And, as always, I will see you all, in the next chapter! Deuces!