Chapter 15

'You okay?' I asked Ella as she sat down on the couch. She nodded smiling at me happily.

'I'm just happy you're okay.' She said sighing. 'But anyways, do you want anything to drink?'

'I'll just have some water, please.' I said.

'I'll have the same.' Ace said and Ella nodded going into the kitchen to get some water. Ace sat next to me and sighed. I looked over at her and saw her looking at me, lost in thought.

'Everything okay?' I asked and she nodded looking to the ground.

'Yeah, but how are we going to tell Ella?' She asked and I understood what she meant. I was about to reply but was cut off.

'Tell me what?' Ella asked walking into the lounge.

'Nothing!' Ace and I said quickly. Ella eyed us for a moment but then sat down on the other couch.

'What are you guys hiding?' She asked sounding suspicious.

'N-nothing.' Ace stuttered.

'I'll get the secret out of you one way or another. So just tell me.' She said stubbornly.

'Secret? What secret? We don't have a secret!' Ace said quickly and mentally I face palmed.

'You do!' Ella gasped and leant further towards us. 'Tell me!' She pleaded. Ace and I exchanged looks and fell silent. I heard Ella gasp next to us. 'Are you guys getting married?'

'What? No!' Ace said, her face turning red as a tomato.

'Then what are you hiding?' She asked and I looked at the floor, sighing.

'I'll show you tomorrow, okay? Meet me at the same place you found me tomorrow at the same time.' I said and she agreed. We changed the topic and stayed for a couple of more hours until we had to go.

'Bye, Ella!' Ace and I said in unison as she closed the door waving.

'Are you sure we want to show her where you've been living for the past 22 years?' Ace asked as we started walking towards the mall again.

'Yes. She's family and family never keep secrets.' I said and we started walking in comfortable silence. Once we got to the den again we spotted Ave talking to the white wolf that was with Ace when I first saw her. I nudged Ace and she looked over at them and smirked. We slowly walked over to them and pushed them into each other. Once we did that we sprinted to the entrance of the tunnel and pretended that nothing happened. 

'Eugene, Ace!' I heard Ava shout and ran over to us. 'I'm gonna kill you!' 

'Run!' Ace shouted. We shot up and started sprinting away, into the forest, laughing.