[ Chapter 17 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

The time had come to start the mission. The mission to reclaim Trost District with the help of Eren Jaeger.

A soldier had approached you. "Cadet [Y/N], you're needed to protect Cadet Jaeger." A soldier announced to you.

"Shit alright, I'll do it. Do I even have a choice? The little shit can't do anything on his own anyway." You just answered. You send a glare at the soldier which could pierce through anyone's soul.

The soldier stepped back a few steps in fear. "Y-yeah, follow me, cadet" The soldier took you to Rico, Mikasa and a few others that were assigned to the Eren protection squad.

Those people were standing on top of the wall, waiting for the signal to start the mission. Eren was mentally preparing himself, and the others were scared shitless, not knowing the outcome of this certain mission.

The rest of all the soldiers except those who were assigned to protect Eren, were ordered to use themselves as a Titan bait, to distract the Titans that were roaming in Trost. That way Eren had a clear path and wouldn't be disturbed.

"You know it?" Mikasa asked you, just wanting to succeed this mission to seal Trost and retaking the land what was stolen by those humanoid beasts, they call Titans.

"Of course, I'm not stupid, unlike some others under us, brat" You answered with no emotion in your face and in your voice.

It always scared Mikasa how you were able to keep your calm in dangerous situation. Even on the edge of death itself. Even the best soldiers couldn't, except the higher ups in the Survey Corps who had experienced many traumatic situations.

After they were done with whatever they were doing, one of the soldiers shot a flare in the sky to announce that the mission had begun.

The group of soldiers, which consisted Eren, Mikasa and of course you, flew towards the boulder that fitted the hole in the wall almost perfectly.

As everyone of the group landed one of the roofs of the houses in Trost, Eren bit in his hand and transformed into a Titan.

As he transformed he ruined a side of a house. He just walked around for a few seconds like any Titan would do. You soon realized that Eren had lost control and was going to hit Mikasa. You clicked you tongue. 'I'll save that brat a scar but she is going to owe me one'

"Eren?" Mikasa called out for Eren. Only to turn him around and focus on her smaller body.

"Mikasa, get out of the way!" You shouted at her and jumped in front of Mikasa, shoving her away aggressively. Her eyes widened as she realized what you were trying to do. She fell on the roof next to the other she was standing on seconds before and rolled for a bit before standing up.

Mikasa was almost the victim of one of Eren's attacks, she realized. But you got hit instead. 

A sickening crunch was heard as Eren's fist made contact with you. Mikasa yelled out at you desperately.

"[Y/N]!"

☆☆☆