[ Chapter 34 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

You felt Berthold's grip on you tighten a lot as you heard the galloping of multiple horses following after the five of you.

"All squads! Let the Titans chase after you! Follow my lead!" That was Erwin. No doubt about it.

"Erwin.. you demon! Are you trying to use us as bait again?!" A random soldier yelled at the commander.

"That's not my intention! The Military Police have fought well! Now serve your duty as soldiers! The Armored Titan plans to escape with Eren and [Y/N]! We have to stop him no matter what!" Your eyes widened behind the fabric that covered your eyes as you heard him from quite far away from you. You felt your heart starting to beat faster, knowing someone was there trying to save you.

You started struggling in Berthold's grasp, somehow forcing your foot on his chest and shoving him backwards, almost making him fall of Reiner's back with Eren tied to himself. "[Y/N]! Stop that!!" The brown haired male regained his balance and gripped onto your tied wrists tightly. "Please don't struggle, don't make me have to knock you out... please.."

You stopped moving. As useless as you were now, you definitely didn't want to pass out and wake up somewhere random outside of the walls.

Suddenly, Ymir's Titan form moved and pulled Christa out of its mouth. You heard the liquid of her saliva drip and you shivered in disgust. Christa.. er Historia coughed loudly as she finally got to inhale more air.

Berthold, still gripping onto you tightly, turned to the blond girl. "Christa!" The girl only breathed heavily in return. Her eyes widened as she saw Ymir's Titan form.

Steam came of Ymir's nape and the brown haired girl popped up, her hands and eyes still connect to her form. That way she could still hold onto Historia tightly without dropping her.

"Ymir.." Historia spoke up softly. "Ymir!" Ymir coughed as well in her human form, stumbling over her words. "Chris.. no... Historia... Sorry.. for eating you.. like that. I bet.. you're mad at me.."  The girl apologised as she inhaled some more air.

The blond girl who was still stuck in the Titan Shifter's hand could only stare at her (girl)friend in confusion. "Ymir.. what is this? What are you doing? We came her to rescue you and Er-"

"I don't need rescuing!" Ymir interrupted Historia, screaming angrily. "Just stay right there. I'm following Berthold and Reiner now. You, too. Come with me. There's no future inside the walls!" She stopped talking for a second. "Listen to me, Historia... Outside the walls isn't as bad as you think. Especially.. because there won't be anyone saying that you're better of not being born"

Historia objected firmly. "I'm pretty sure Titans won't be saying that to me because they'll be too busy trying to eat me!"

Ymir raised her voice again at the poor girl. "Everyone has at least one or too faults! If you can just overlook that, they're not so bad after all!"