chapter 57

a/n

oh boy i love to clap!

clapping just makes me so happy?

GODDAMN i love to clap

makes me wanna go

wee? hoo? wee? hoo? wee? hoo? wee? hoo?

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!!!

With their short & sweet platonic lovemaking coming to a cease, [Name] decided to go wash her mouth out before doing anything else. Ghirahim had made a point not to get offended earlier, but now he couldn't hold himself back.

"You could at least wait to do that when I'm not around," he crossed his arms, in a desperate attempt to keep his distress off his face. He was a bit too effective with that, as she retorted without worrying about upsetting him further:

"You could at least eat a banana or two before you kiss me next time."

That sparked up ideas, no doubt.

Their idle chat mellowed out as they made their way over to the Gerudo Desertーvia teleportation, of courseーto find the Gate of Time. Their task seemed simple enough, and was rather trivial, really: deliver [Mother]'s letter to Impaz, so that young [Name] would receive it later in life.

...But, evidently, something always tended to come up.

When Ghirahim first tried to start up the Gate, it simply rejected him. Of course, he pinned the blame on [Name].

"A shame you gave away that Dominion Rod." His guilt-trips were the worst. She rolled her eyes, circling the Gate to see if there were any cracks or other damages. It seemed to be in pristine condition, somehow, yet still refused to open for them. Neither could tell why.

And then, blazing in a bright red, the number '83' suddenly began flashing on the Gate's violet surface. [Name] stepped backward, body tensing in alarm. Ghirahim seemed just as confused as she was.

"Eighty-three?" She pondered, unsure how that number tied in with anything. Her demon companion tilted his head, mind scouring through possibilities.

"...That must be the number of people using the Gate," he decided. As he said that, the number decreased to 76, then rose again to 81, and finally began decreasing at a steady rate. Whoever was utilizing the time machine must be exiting now. ...But it should be impossible to accommodate that many people.

However, thanks to the time [Mother] spent in her body, [Name] could take a fair guess at who those people might be. She warily glanced up at Ghirahim, asking quietly, "...Did you ever get rid of Bulblin?"

"..."

"I think you might've caused quite a few paradoxes there, Ghira."

When the number reached 0, the surface vanished, allowing both [Name] and Ghirahim to enter. The Sheikah grabbed her lover's hand and began walking forward, but he held her back. She glanced at him, a dubious expression on her face.

"Are you really going to let them screw up history?" She scowled. His response was genuine and gentle, and upon hearing it she felt thousands of butterflies fluttering through her stomach.

"If it means you stay safe, I'm willing to risk that," he told her.

"O-Oh," her voice quivered. She shattered beneath a wave of love-based delight, making her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And yet, she had to stand her ground. "But they might bring back [Mother], or... Maybe they're still after us."