Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions

Start from the beginning

I plopped myself onto Jake's couch in his living room.

"I'm gonna grab some chips, want anything?" he asked.

"Bottle of water please?" I answered.

"Sure."he said, picking his crutches back up and going to the kitchen.

"Jake, can I turn on the TV?" I yelled to him.

"Yea! The remote's on the cable box!" he yelled back.

I picked up the remote and surfed through the channels.

Since there wasn't really anything particular I wanted to watch, I put it on Nickelodeon which was playing an old episode of Drake & Josh.

I watched the TV while also scrolling through my phone as well.

"Here you go," Jake said, handing me my water.

"Thanks." I responded.

"So, what do you wanna do?" he asked me.

"Can we just relax? I'm tired." I answered truthfully.

"Sure," he replied.

I rested my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

Jake's POV:

Lindsey and I just woke up from our short nap.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick." she told me.

"Okay." I answered.

She left her phone on the couch, so I decided to move it so she wouldn't sit on it.

While I was moving it, it vibrated.

Not thinking, I turned it over to see why it made a buzz.

She got a text from Jordan. Actually, two texts.

Jordan: So where do you wanna meet up? Your place or my place?

Jordan: Really nervous, can't let anyone find out.

What the heck? After I read her texts, heart started to beat rapidly, and my hands started to shake.

Is Lindsey cheating on me?

"You okay?" I heard a voice ask.

"Are you kidding me Lindsey?" I said to her.

"What.... Jake, what are you talking about?" she answered.

"Don't act all clueless, you just got some texts from Jordan." I said angrily.

"What? Jake, Jordan and I are just friends." she said to me.

"That's not what the texts looked like."

"Wait, you went through my phone and read my texts? What is wrong with you? What if I got something personal?" she snapped back.

I realized I was also in the wrong for reading her texts, but my thoughts were still crowded about thoughts of her cheating.

"It doesn't matter, Lindsey!" I roared. "I can't believe you're doing this."

"I can't believe you actually think so little of me! To cheat on you? I've gotta go." she said, picking up her phone and purse.

"And don't worry, I'll walk." she added, leaving my truck keys on the table and walking out the door.

I couldn't look at her right at that moment.

It's like my head was spinning with more possibilities of what she was doing.

I planned on telling her that I loved her earlier before she left, but how could I after what just happened?

A/N:

*gasp* They finally had another fight! And I know they already had one before, but trust me, this one will be way more intense. I'm sorry😬 Anyways, let me know if this chapter made your heart break😢

 I'm sorry😬 Anyways, let me know if this chapter made your heart break😢